SAVE TARA edition of the PPP

  • socarie2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006
      I know most of you have probably heard of the campaign in Ireland to
      protect the hil of tara from the propsed motorway development and in
      particular to curtail the destruction of the archaelogy of the
      Taqra/ Skryne Vaely on back of said development. A new and very
      active and action oriented group has been set up at
      *www.hilloftara.info*

      also the PaganPoetryPages *www.paganpoetrypages.com* is running a
      special Save Tara Edition on march 21st: The theme is saving Tara
      and other sites from destruction; the need to protect our heritage;
      how we feel about ancient sites, anywhere not just Tara, being
      treated as commodities; the greed of governments and developers
      threatening our heritage (and environment);anything on a related
      theme. We are hoping for angry writing, short stories articles and
      poetry with feeling and passion, the aim of which is to get people
      to read, educate them as to why this is an important issue and
      hopefully, prompt them to become involved.

      The pen is mightier than the JCB , we hope :)

      Submit work to ppp@...

      many thanks
      Editors
    • socarie2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 21, 2006
        The Special "Save Tara" edition of the PPP is up: your help is
        needed in making it a success!

        *http://www.paganpoetrypages.com*

        What is the point of this special edition?

        well, mainly to raise awareness - and for that we need your help!
        Please ask people to come read the poems and writing: and to reflect
        on the issues raised. Sometimes a few poetic words can prompt a
        little more response than all the most well-reasoned articles and
        arguments - we sincerely hope that if as many people as possible
        come to read the ezine they will be prompted to join the hilloftara
        groups and get involved, and maybe even donate.

        It is also our aim to provide an opportunity for people who love
        Tara to voice their feelings and to represent the feelings of many
        other people who cannot put them into words. If you like the poems,
        if someone's words sum up your feelings, please take a moment to
        register your approval and solidarity by posting a reply.

        If we can persuade even a few more people to get involved and to
        join the campaign then all the hard work will be worthwhile. So if
        you have a moment to spare go read it, if you have two moments to
        spare... go make two more people read it!

        We would like to thank profusely those who donated their poems and
        articles to the edition, not least for the passion and genuine
        affection for Tara and similar sites that is evident in the writing.

        We have poems and articles from Blackbird Hollins, Robin Quzman
        Hislop, J Evans, Francis Donnelly, Christy Nicholls, Sara Curran,
        Geraldine Moorkens Byrne, Starchild, Máirín ní Dhubhthagh, Pauline
        Bleach, Joker and Prof. Stephen Palmer, many thanks to all
        contributors. These poets and writers provide a varied range of
        voices, united on a common theme.

        The Editors, PPP

        http://www.paganpoetrypages.com

        Special Save Tara edition