Re: Poem: Broom Flyers' Union

  • Christal
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2006
      I love this poem and was inpired to write my own slightly humorous
      version LOL.

      Pointy Hat Club
      I'm a member of the pointy hat club
      but please, make no mistake.
      I do not fly to Mars each night
      and my nose is not green or fake

      My cats name is Lily not Satan
      and yes she is black indeed
      but be not afraid of the darkness
      for harming you is not my creed

      No, my tea will not kill you
      for poison is not my way
      but if sniffles and headaches consume you
      you may want to heed what I say

      My broom is for sweeping not flying
      I understand if you give me the snub
      This path that I follow is different
      I'm a member of the pointy hat club.

      --- In paganpoetssociety@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Clark"
      <loreman1@h...> wrote:

      > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
      > I say this smiling and proud
      > But I say this not just to anyone
      > And no card I carry for it is not allowed
      >
      > 'Harm none, do what you will'
      > That is our creed
      > While helping others my heart with love does fill
      >
      > To educate
      > Is a goal of a Wiccan
      > Myth and truth we do separate
      > So centuries of untruths are undone
      >
      > Others' spiritual paths we do tolerate
      > And we ask the same in kind
      > We work against prejudice and hate
      > Which come from the uneducated mind
      >
      > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
      > I say this to you
      > And hopefully when I am done
      > A new friendship I'll accrue

    • Deborah Voith
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
        I loved this! Thanks- Deborah Voith (the Bee)

        <loreman1@...> wrote:

        > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
        > I say this smiling and proud
        > But I say this not just to anyone
        > And no card I carry for it is not allowed
        >
        > 'Harm none, do what you will'
        > That is our creed
        > While helping others my heart with love does fill
        >
        > To educate
        > Is a goal of a Wiccan
        > Myth and truth we do separate
        > So centuries of untruths are undone
        >
        > Others' spiritual paths we do tolerate
        > And we ask the same in kind
        > We work against prejudice and hate
        > Which come from the uneducated mind
        >
        > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
        > I say this to you
        > And hopefully when I am done
        > A new friendship I'll accrue

      • Deborah Voith
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
          Thanks Christal, your poem really made me laugh.
          DV The Bee

          --- In paganpoetssociety@yahoogroups.com, "Christal"
          <avalon_calling@...> wrote:

          > I love this poem and was inpired to write my own slightly humorous
          > version LOL.
          >
          > Pointy Hat Club
          > I'm a member of the pointy hat club
          > but please, make no mistake.
          > I do not fly to Mars each night
          > and my nose is not green or fake
          >
          > My cats name is Lily not Satan
          > and yes she is black indeed
          > but be not afraid of the darkness
          > for harming you is not my creed
          >
          > No, my tea will not kill you
          > for poison is not my way
          > but if sniffles and headaches consume you
          > you may want to heed what I say
          >
          > My broom is for sweeping not flying
          > I understand if you give me the snub
          > This path that I follow is different
          > I'm a member of the pointy hat club.
        • Beth (Mystic Amazon)
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
            Awesome poems!
            Beth

            <avalon_calling@...> wrote:

            > I love this poem and was inpired to write my own slightly
            humorous
            > version LOL.
            >
            > Pointy Hat Club
            > I'm a member of the pointy hat club
            > but please, make no mistake.
            > I do not fly to Mars each night
            > and my nose is not green or fake
            >
            > My cats name is Lily not Satan
            > and yes she is black indeed
            > but be not afraid of the darkness
            > for harming you is not my creed
            >
            > No, my tea will not kill you
            > for poison is not my way
            > but if sniffles and headaches consume you
            > you may want to heed what I say
            >
            > My broom is for sweeping not flying
            > I understand if you give me the snub
            > This path that I follow is different
            > I'm a member of the pointy hat club.
            >

            > --- In paganpoetssociety@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Clark"
            > <loreman1@h...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
            > > I say this smiling and proud
            > > But I say this not just to anyone
            > > And no card I carry for it is not allowed
            > >
            > > 'Harm none, do what you will'
            > > That is our creed
            > > While helping others my heart with love does fill
            > >
            > > To educate
            > > Is a goal of a Wiccan
            > > Myth and truth we do separate
            > > So centuries of untruths are undone
            > >
            > > Others' spiritual paths we do tolerate
            > > And we ask the same in kind
            > > We work against prejudice and hate
            > > Which come from the uneducated mind
            > >
            > > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
            > > I say this to you
            > > And hopefully when I am done
            > > A new friendship I'll accrue

          • Stephen Clark
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 11, 2006
              Loved it! I'm flattered that my poem inspired your own humorous one.

              Stephen