Poem: Broom Flyers' Union

  • Stephen Clark
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29 7:20 AM
      I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
      I say this smiling and proud
      But I say this not just to anyone
      And no card I carry for it is not allowed

      'Harm none, do what you will'
      That is our creed
      While helping others my heart with love does fill

      To educate
      Is a goal of a Wiccan
      Myth and truth we do separate
      So centuries of untruths are undone

      Others' spiritual paths we do tolerate
      And we ask the same in kind
      We work against prejudice and hate
      Which come from the uneducated mind

      I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
      I say this to you
      And hopefully when I am done
      A new friendship I'll accrue
    • Christal
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31 12:51 PM
        I love this poem and was inpired to write my own slightly humorous
        version LOL.

        Pointy Hat Club
        I'm a member of the pointy hat club
        but please, make no mistake.
        I do not fly to Mars each night
        and my nose is not green or fake

        My cats name is Lily not Satan
        and yes she is black indeed
        but be not afraid of the darkness
        for harming you is not my creed

        No, my tea will not kill you
        for poison is not my way
        but if sniffles and headaches consume you
        you may want to heed what I say

        My broom is for sweeping not flying
        I understand if you give me the snub
        This path that I follow is different
        I'm a member of the pointy hat club.

        --- In paganpoetssociety@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Clark"
        <loreman1@h...> wrote:

        > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
        > I say this smiling and proud
        > But I say this not just to anyone
        > And no card I carry for it is not allowed
        >
        > 'Harm none, do what you will'
        > That is our creed
        > While helping others my heart with love does fill
        >
        > To educate
        > Is a goal of a Wiccan
        > Myth and truth we do separate
        > So centuries of untruths are undone
        >
        > Others' spiritual paths we do tolerate
        > And we ask the same in kind
        > We work against prejudice and hate
        > Which come from the uneducated mind
        >
        > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
        > I say this to you
        > And hopefully when I am done
        > A new friendship I'll accrue

      • Deborah Voith
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
          I loved this! Thanks- Deborah Voith (the Bee)

          <loreman1@...> wrote:

          > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
          > I say this smiling and proud
          > But I say this not just to anyone
          > And no card I carry for it is not allowed
          >
          > 'Harm none, do what you will'
          > That is our creed
          > While helping others my heart with love does fill
          >
          > To educate
          > Is a goal of a Wiccan
          > Myth and truth we do separate
          > So centuries of untruths are undone
          >
          > Others' spiritual paths we do tolerate
          > And we ask the same in kind
          > We work against prejudice and hate
          > Which come from the uneducated mind
          >
          > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
          > I say this to you
          > And hopefully when I am done
          > A new friendship I'll accrue

        • Deborah Voith
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
            Thanks Christal, your poem really made me laugh.
            DV The Bee

            --- In paganpoetssociety@yahoogroups.com, "Christal"
            <avalon_calling@...> wrote:

            > I love this poem and was inpired to write my own slightly humorous
            > version LOL.
            >
            > Pointy Hat Club
            > I'm a member of the pointy hat club
            > but please, make no mistake.
            > I do not fly to Mars each night
            > and my nose is not green or fake
            >
            > My cats name is Lily not Satan
            > and yes she is black indeed
            > but be not afraid of the darkness
            > for harming you is not my creed
            >
            > No, my tea will not kill you
            > for poison is not my way
            > but if sniffles and headaches consume you
            > you may want to heed what I say
            >
            > My broom is for sweeping not flying
            > I understand if you give me the snub
            > This path that I follow is different
            > I'm a member of the pointy hat club.
          • Beth (Mystic Amazon)
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
              Awesome poems!
              Beth

              <avalon_calling@...> wrote:

              > I love this poem and was inpired to write my own slightly
              humorous
              > version LOL.
              >
              > Pointy Hat Club
              > I'm a member of the pointy hat club
              > but please, make no mistake.
              > I do not fly to Mars each night
              > and my nose is not green or fake
              >
              > My cats name is Lily not Satan
              > and yes she is black indeed
              > but be not afraid of the darkness
              > for harming you is not my creed
              >
              > No, my tea will not kill you
              > for poison is not my way
              > but if sniffles and headaches consume you
              > you may want to heed what I say
              >
              > My broom is for sweeping not flying
              > I understand if you give me the snub
              > This path that I follow is different
              > I'm a member of the pointy hat club.
              >

              > --- In paganpoetssociety@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Clark"
              > <loreman1@h...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
              > > I say this smiling and proud
              > > But I say this not just to anyone
              > > And no card I carry for it is not allowed
              > >
              > > 'Harm none, do what you will'
              > > That is our creed
              > > While helping others my heart with love does fill
              > >
              > > To educate
              > > Is a goal of a Wiccan
              > > Myth and truth we do separate
              > > So centuries of untruths are undone
              > >
              > > Others' spiritual paths we do tolerate
              > > And we ask the same in kind
              > > We work against prejudice and hate
              > > Which come from the uneducated mind
              > >
              > > I am a member of the Broom Flyers' Union
              > > I say this to you
              > > And hopefully when I am done
              > > A new friendship I'll accrue

            • Stephen Clark
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 11, 2006
                Loved it! I'm flattered that my poem inspired your own humorous one.

                Stephen