Poem"Withering Queen" by. Elizabeth Baatz

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2005
      On my journey of "forgotten things."
      I set out to find a horned beast with wings.
      A mystical creature that you may know-
      Only appears with the first winter snow.
      I searched in the north,south,and the west-
      And in the east I took a rest.
      Drifted lazily from this body of mine-
      And almost as though I fell through time,
      I awoke to a sound like wind through trees-
      I looked and a lady was standing before me.
      A fair, sweet lady.She reached for my hand-
      Was the Queen of the land...
      "You have reached Avalon."
      With such sadness she said-
      Reaching and taking the crown off her head.
      She handed to me silver-jeweld crown
      As the crown hit my hand she fell to the ground.
      "I have failed." said the Queen,
      "I must now go away-
      All have forgotten the ancient old ways.
      I am but a dream, a myth in lore,
      And no-one remembers the key to my door.
      Minds have all changed since the christ has been here-
      That those dont remember the Goddess for fear.
      They've told us we're sinners for loving our lands.
      They've burnt us to ash, or tied both our hands.
      Now that the Goddess has gave way to the son,-
      The fear of their hell is in everyone.
      So now I hand my crown to you,-
      Hoping you'll find a mind or two.
      Hopeful that one day you will find-
      Hearts where Goddesses and dragons hide."