Blessings of Imbolc

  • Lady Siabhra
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      The first stirrings of Spring arouses me...
      like from a long slumber, a winter's nightmare even. The swollen
      fuzzy buds on the bare tree limbs arouse me. Watching them swell
      reminds me of my Lord God of the GreenWood. I can smell the moistness
      of him who is ever near watching o'er as she slumbers. I can feel
      her become aroused by the first gentle touches and whispers to awake
      from her lover.
      ....I too ... am beginning to awake from my winter's slumber and
      feel the fire of Spring's sensuality begin to grow.... feeling the
      winter's crone self begin the shedding of bindings that have kept me
      bound. Bridghid's fire within my being, my maiden self is aroused
      and begins to awaken.

      ...Reaching for the one who ignites my passions..... And dances the
      dance of Joy of the body in sync with Earth's rhythms….

      … I look to the East, and see, The Wren looking at me. In his
      Archetypal form, he is the God, The first song of Spring. He is the
      young Arthur, he is Lugh, known by many names, he is the Divine
      King/Slain Sun God who has now Returned. For the Turning of the Wheel
      is, as always, ever successful, and he has returned. He has returned
      to awaken the call to begin. Let the Birds begin to Sing up the
      Spring! He is the Young Sun God who has come to wed the maiden
      Goddess Brighid of Kildare. Equal in strength and power, beauty and
      grace, They begin their dance again.

      I look to the South, and I Feel the Fiery warmth of noon-day's
      glow upon my skin. Feeling the passions of Fire begin to stir within
      my own chalice. In eager anticipation I await.

      I look to the West, and see Our Lady attending the Hearty
      Daghdha's Cauldron. Healing waters, exlirs that wash away impurities
      and nourish the gardens of our souls.

      I look back to the North, whence I began. Did you hear that? The
      Lord God of Forest is thumping out a rhythm on the Stone of Destiny
      with his mighty club. It is time; it is time, IT IS TIME! Can you
      feel its pulsing wave? Did you feel that? She who slumbers, just
      stirred…

      And so… it begins again! Let the Birds begin to Sing up the Spring!
      We welcome the first stirrings of Spring and let our souls dance at
      Bridghid's fire like sparks against the velvety night's sky on the
      Eve of Imbolc.

      Blessings of Her Gentle Warming Fire, to your Heath and Home, the
      Blessings of Her Illumination to your mind, and a Blessed Awaking to
      your Spirit!

      May the Maiden Goddess Bridghid of Kildare and her Consort the Young
      Sun God Bless you!

      By the Air that is her Breath and the Fire Her Bright Spirit…

      Blessings of Imbolc!!

      ~Lady Siabhra~