New Member

  • Giovanna
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
      Greetings all; Since I just now joined, I thought that I should
      introduce myself. First of all, the poem that was just posted (
      Oak and Holly King at Yule By Nancy Venus) is wonderful. If this is
      what I have to look forward to on this list, then I have found
      myself a great place to hang out and read and share. I've been
      writing poetry pretty well all of my life, but I have not studied
      poetry formally, so proper structure of various styles of poetry is
      not my forte. I am the moderator of United Communities of Spirit and
      have been for 4 years (an on line global interfaith initiative).
      Last March I founded the Vancouver Island Pagan Alliance
      (http://vipalliance.com) and we are slowly growing that project. I
      was initiated into mysticism at about the age of 3 (that i can
      remember) and into witchcraft at the age of 14 or 15. I'm 48 now,
      and have been a student of BOTA since 1996.

      Here is my introductory poem to you all. Thank you for reading:

      Change of Faith

      My faith is Poetry for it so
      to love one feels the song,
      and heart that feels the season's call
      is ever a faith so strong?

      The fire of radiant beauty beams
      in curves of a lover's hand,
      speaks to soul on highest peak
      no matter where we stand.

      Beauty springs from netted words
      informs a state of grace,
      dappled shadows leaves and branch
      to wit an elegant lace.

      What becomes of those who've won
      the cup that fills the more,
      who've married all the paradox
      the scriptures and the shore?

      Sailors cast a mighty beam
      for those who sit and wait,
      or drowned and died tormented woe
      but found the brighter fate.

      Netted song with far flung arms
      blow kisses on the key,
      perception's door opens wide
      casting proverbs to the sea.

      Weaves by day a path for late
      by night a path for soon,
      that all who follow inward song
      by star by sun and moon.

      Balance hangs the two and one
      beaded stars and pearls,
      walks upon the path for you
      the Poet weaves the worlds.

      Amidst the planets - verses, rounds
      the beating drums of change,
      in fire and water Life is bound
      Light's children - the exchange.

      Footsteps walk on unmarked path
      by light of hidden orb,
      Poet's heart in tender thrust
      abeds Lady and the Lord.

      Above, beyond, within, without
      in every state of grace,
      wisdom ripens into wine
      to look upon Love's face.

      By candle light and bees of bright
      to reach the far off land,
      The Poet dips the feather low
      and wanders hand in hand.

      With heart on fire and inward eye
      the parchment stains with dew,
      softly fall the leaves that bore
      a mark on which to view.

      Should we by night stray into sight
      of he that sings his due
      or catch the fever of the song
      so that we must sing too

      Cast the lot into the ring
      to grant a strange inspire,
      sweet melody the song is born
      the warmth of kindred fire.

      A Change of Faith© Giovanna Zammit - 2001
    • You can call me Flower if ya want to...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
        Hi! I'm new and hail from the mountains of North Georgia. I've been
        writing as long as I've been a practicing Pagan, 7 years. Glad to be here!
      • judealleycat
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2006
          Welcome, I enjoyed your poem. very sweet.

          --- In paganpoetssociety@yahoogroups.com, "You can call me Flower if