the last ride?

  • Papa
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2004
      The lonely road rolled into empty night tonight,

      but I rode, my mode a steed of steel and chrome.

      To ponder my life's code and write this pretty witty ditty,

      I slid wide-eyed to the Galveston tide.

      My path seemed to head straight into the full moon,

      tinted slightly red, causing my mind to wander and roam.

      Thoughts, full of self pity, echoed of when my time

      to go will arrive. Longing to be free,

      I climbed in a sublime glide passed the sins and mistakes of my past,

      I raced in a pace wasted on the chaste, as I faced

      the hordes of the spiritually bored who hate and fear me

      for the black I wear and their God I denied.

      Cast in contrast to Karma's cost I stride, fast,

      along the slimy crime and the city's grime toward that rainbow

      Bridge; guided by my pride that lied to the soul within,

      and the ego who had forgotten why I came to ride

      inside this lifetime, alone. I am but a man,

      fighting to be the me I was born to be.

      The last ride, and honor that will be bestowed awaits

      This simple poet with the calloused hands and hardened heart.

      Fleeting time, chased with shady heartfelt rhymes,

      runs to the Lord and the Lady on the other side.

      Papa G. © Tuesday, August 31, 2004

      George "Papa" G.

      http://www.xanga.com/papathepoet