WITCH

  • ravenmoon1991
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      Tis Midnight when I hear them come,
      self rightgeous, pious and evil not one?
      They pummel my door with torches in hand
      screaming my name, a witch they must brand.
      I cover my head and weep in my cloak
      Show thyself witch, thy counsel has spoke!
      Innocent am I but they do not hear
      I am the burden of all that they fear.
      They drag me out into the nights chilly air
      to trial by fire for a witch is not fair.
      I weep for my children who cling to my side
      and my husband dare not, thy counsel defy.
      Bound at thy wrist and chained at thy feet,
      to a court of my peers my fate I must meet.
      Innocent am I but they do not hear
      I am the burden of all that they fear.
      Convicted and guilty my death is the price,
      hanged at the gallows til my flesh is as ice.
      I ache for a moment then all is so still,
      I am a victim of thy christians good will.