The Times they are a changin

  • Duane Marshall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003
      The Times They Are A Changin
      © 2003 Raven Spirit (Inspired by Blakemore's Night)

      Bound to shadows Witches once were
      Angry mobs sought to hang and burn her
      Brought before a trial, with all the cards stacked
      Church leaders argued, cursed her and hacked

      The Times They Are A Changin

      No one really know how many died
      But the thought of it all still makes us cry
      The intolerance of man and death by his hand
      Caused many a poor soul to bleed on the land

      The Times they are A Changin

      Spirits of the East we call out to you
      Give us inspiration and communication too
      That we may heal the wounds that keep us apart
      So we may rise above and all do our part

      The Times They Are A Changin

      Guardians of Fire burn deep in our soul
      So we never forget the stories of old
      That we may share the wisdom and the Lore of the way
      We may build for our children sunnier days

      The Times they are a Changin

      Keepers of West the waters so clear
      Stir our emotions that we hold so dear
      Build up our feelings for peace and for life
      Let your healing water drown out all strife

      Oh those Times They are a Changin

      Now we turn to the North and the Gnomes
      This is the quarter most call home
      May it ground us and keep us sturdy and strong
      As we all join hands and continue the song

      Yes the Times they are a Changing

      Ancestors we call
      Those we have known before
      They stand at the gate and will open the door
      Embrace us this day and teach us your ways
      As we walk round the circle in all of our ways

      And the Times They are a Changin

      The Lord and the Lady divinity fair
      Your words we hear like the songs in the air
      Teach us the truth we are all the same
      And keep to this secret till our dieing day

      Yes the Times they are a Changin

      We are on our way but have not made it yet
      But the magick is boiling don't ever forget
      Look deep in your self and you will see
      We are all connected the Gods you and me

      Yes the Times still are a Changin

      We go through cycles
      The ebb and the flow
      So see the wisdom
      Others don't know
      Mo matter what others in this world do to thee
      That you are only a victim if you choose to be

      Yes the Times are a changing

      The planets are moving
      And we are still growing
      Ever turning ever learning
      What we apply we are very knowing

      And the Times are Still Changing

      So next you see one who judges you
      Look at your core and remain true
      For there are many who do not share his view
      Thoughts and ideas are blending, the times are brand new

      And the Times will always be Changing

      So dear Witch I will say to thee
      Go dance in the sun and let your spirit fly on the breeze
      Not forced to the shadows, we can be free
      Just as Aradia and the Goddess said it would be
      Hold you head up and look in their eye

      For the Times have been slowly Changin