Re: [Pagan Poets Society] Merry Meet

  • draya pettit
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 6:26 PM
      James Lee:

      Thank you for that lovely poem

      -------Original Message-------

      From: paganpoetssociety@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, July 28, 2003 13:46:52
      To: paganpoetssociety@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Pagan Poets Society] Merry Meet

      Merry Meet! I just found this group and thought I'd
      check in with a poem. Many Blessings! JLJ
      --------------------------------------
      Moon In Virgo

      You are not beaten. The simple music rises up,
      children's voices in the air, sound
      floating out across the land and on to the river
      beyond, over the valley's floor.

      No, you cannot go back for those things you lost,
      the parts of yourself that were taken,
      often by force. Like an animal in the forest
      you must weep it all away at once, violently,

      and then simply live on. The music here is Bach,
      Vivaldi; a chorale of children, a piano,
      a violin. Together, they have a certain spirit
      that is light, that lets in light, joyful, ecstatic.

      "Forgive," said The Gods, and why not? Every day
      that you still breathe has all the joy
      and murderous possibilities of your bravest dream.
      Forgive. Breathe. Live.

      The moon has entered Virgo, the wind shifts, blows
      up from the Delta, cools this valley,
      and you are not beaten; the children sing,
      it is Bach, and you are brave, alive, and human.

      James Lee Jobe

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor