Second Hand Souls

  • PRINCZ22
    Message 1 of 732 , May 27 6:39 AM
      Greetings! I often feel for those homeless people
      who walk the streets of our country with out a place
      to call home..I penned this in with them in
      Souls<br><br>Second hand souls are like second hand
      clothes,<br>Thread bare in spots, from trial an woes.<br>Washed out
      and pressed, for good presentation, <br>Masking years
      of wear, and many bad situations.<br><br>Wandering
      the streets, in search of companion,<br>Second hand
      souls, a child of abandon.<br>Line-wrinkled faces like
      the road map of Maine,<br>A box car life with no
      pleasure just pain.<br><br>The light in their eyes, so
      shadowed and dim,<br>From years of neglect, and swilling
      cheap gin.<br>Hands always dirty, nails nasty with
      grime,<br>A life filled with sorrow, and tempered by
      at the shelter, a night to forget.<br>A bridge in
      the darkness, just out of the rain,<br>Shared with
      the memory of a past without pain.<br><br>Second hand
      souls with second hand shoes,<br>Life on the street,
      with nothing to lose.<br>Heals worn lopsided from life
      on the tare,<br>Pounding the pavement, doesn�t
      anyone care?<br><br>So next time you toss your second
      hand clothes,<br>Pause for a moment, think of second
      hand souls.<br>A warm bed, clean sheets and food on
      the table<br>Many go without, for a smile would be
      Message 732 of 732 , Feb 27, 2002