A chrestomahy of pain

  • Papa The Poet
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      A Chrestomathy of Pain

      by George "Papa" G.

      Papathepoet@...

      Facing east across the bay I cry for those who died,

      Seven fell down, like snow from the sky. Why?

      Will I write a tome or poem?

      Another chapter in a chrestomathy of pain,

      my own shame?

      Insulted by the rejection of my dour life's lessons, penned,

      I climb the arcane mountain within, begging for

      the rite that will change a pharaoh to a king,

      and answer all of life's questions.

      Tears, the symbols of my pain, flow

      cleansing my heart and soul.

      The truth has a gentle ring

      and, I listen too, as I walk into the moon's glow.

      Papa G © Saturday, February 01, 2003