New York Witchcamp October 11th - 18th, 2003

  • Harvest
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      Please forward . . . apologies for multiple postings.
      New York Witchcamp October 11th – 18th, 2003
      Located 2 hours outside of Manhattan (bus service available) in Rock
      Hill (Sullivan County), NY

      This Year’s Teachers
      Starhawk (author of The Spiral Dance),Donald L. Engstrom, Flame
      RosaNegra, Dawn Isidora, Todd Herriot, Selchie Amazon, Larry Savides,
      Laurel, Aerianna Tayerle, Tara Cox

      Online Registration available at http://www.wyldgoddess.net/

      Come join us as the leaves turn and the veil grows thin, in the woods of
      New York. Join us in the study of magic and ritual, in a week-long
      intensive that includes trance work, healing, drumming, dancing,
      chanting, storytelling, guided visualization and energy work.
      Participate in our evening rituals, which take us into the heart of
      ancient tales, creating a powerful, transformative energy that builds
      throughout the week.

      Witchcamp is offered to women and men at all levels of experience.
      Newcomers can learn the basic skills of magic and ritual, working with
      the elements, movement, sound and the mythological and historical
      framework of the Goddess Tradition. Advanced paths offer the chance to
      apply the tools of ritual to personal healing and empowerment, or a
      focus of taking the craft out into the world, creating public ritual,
      ongoing groups and healing issues surrounding leadership and power.

      A Typical Day
      Mornings focus on path work, week-long classes led by teams of
      Reclaiming teachers. Different paths may aim at intense personal
      transformation, deepening one's connection with the Earth, or
      discovering more about the elements of magic. In the afternoon, affinity
      groups give campers a chance to check in with a small circle of new
      friends. The work of camp can be intense, and affinity groups serve as a
      touchstone and resource to help you process the experience. The rest of
      the afternoon is free for activities of your choice-swim in the lake
      attend an optional offering such as drumming or tarot classes. Campers
      are encouraged to offer classes and rituals. Camper offerings can
      include pagan parenting, belly dancing, psychic skills, yoga, singing,
      voice projection in ritual...you name it.

      Evening rituals deepen the work of the week. Reclaiming's ritual style
      emphasizes co-created music, sacred theater, ecstatic drumming and
      dancing.. We come together to reclaim our lives. It's never the same
      twice, but it's always magic.

      What is Reclaiming?
      Reclaiming is a community of women and men working to unify spirit and
      politics. Our vision is rooted in the religion and magic of the Goddess
      -- the Immanent Life Force. We see our work as teaching and making magic
      -- the art of empowering each other and ourselves. In our classes,
      workshops, and public rituals, we train our voices, bodies, energy,
      intuition, and minds. We use the skills we learn to deepen our strength,
      both as individuals and as community, to voice our concerns about the
      world in which we live, and bring to birth a vision of a new culture.
      The Reclaiming Tradition began in the SF Bay Area with the magical work
      of Starhawk and the Reclaiming Collective.

      Price
      The price includes lodging, classes, rituals and meals. Private rooms
      w/bathrooms - $675.00, Shared Cabins - $650.00

      For further information on New York Witchcamp please visit our website
      at www.wyldgoddess.net or call us at 646-250-3377 or email
      camp@...