Poem-The Scarecrow

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2002
      The Scarecrow
      ***
      Scarecrow Scarecrow, watcher of the corn sprout
      Perform thy duty in thy field, protector of the crops
      Wave thy straw filled arms, wiggle thy legs and shout out!
      For the hungry crow is pecking a habit which never stops
      Scarecrow Scarecrow, thou art as ancient as olde tyme
      Part of agricultural life on a medieval farm
      Sendeth out thy warning, give those birds a sign
      For they consumeth all the corn and do the harvest harm
      Scarecrow Scarecrow, we are thankful for thy presence
      Where would we be without thou, who workest around the clock
      Thy efforts are sung in the dawn chorus sharing proof of evidence
      Rattle thy flapping gown and give those birds a shock
      Scarecrow Scarecrow, thou art unto us today
      Part of a natural cycle, intendeth this way

      *********

      Alwyn
      The Celtic Bards
      http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/thecelticbards