the bourgeois of loneliness...

  • Savannah Skye
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17 11:46 PM
      the bourgeois of loneliness
      --------------------------------
      alone you sit amidst your lover's ghosts
      next to your bi-polar shadow
      wearing your bourgeois dress of gold lame thoughts
      that like your love life (or lack of)
      has lost it's lustrous intellectual appeal
      that was your bait to reel men in for the kill
      (they were easier to pull in than fish with worms)
      as you drink red cru class� wine that makes you blush
      with love's bitter curses
      that washes down your day old sushi
      you inconsolably eat like
      the loneliness that wears on your arms
      as they reach for the ceiling with pass� clever
      thoughts
      while your stripped finger (naked without a ring)
      turns the pages of your most recent Silhouette novel
      put out by their most recent up and coming author
      that fills the hole in your missing romance life
      as you gorge a box of Godiva chocolates
      that give you your cherished love high (in place of a
      real one)
      you read it during commercials with pre-teen adults
      selling you night cream - 'look younger when you wake'
      as if they are even old enough to have a wrinkle
      that you look for in your unforgiving vanity mirror
      every waking morning
      before you dutifully cover your aging face
      worn by time's lost years
      with a veil of the latest colors that
      Revlon, Avon, or Cover Girl convinced you to buy
      in your latest issue of Cosmopolitan fluff
      so that you can land that perfect man
      under the illusion of flawless beauty
      as you go your second round
      so you never have to be lonely again
      sitting poolside on a singles cruise
      or standing wallflower at a singles dance
      because he will love you to the bitter end
      which it most definitely will be
      after he leaves you for the other woman (yes again)
      who is 20 years younger, thinner and dumber but that
      doesn't matter
      because she has the looks that make most of the whole
      world sing
      the blues because the best of their years
      are behind them and the worst are yet to come
      before they are finally, along with you, dropped into
      a grave
      to be covered with dirt
      or burnt to a cinder
      in a process we call cremation
      only to be left as a remnant of a memory
      in friends and families minds who will always say
      "she was such a good and lovely woman
      never did anything wrong
      how could he have left her to die alone"
      anyways, we sure will miss her
      they all murmur to themselves, as they slowly saunter
      away

      by savvy...

      =====
      <P>---<BR>"Think of change as the creator of what is new and exciting rather than it being the destroyer of the familiar and comfortable."<BR>---</P>

      Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
      http://news.yahoo.com
    • fairydust
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18 10:23 AM
        I usually don't critique stuff, but you must really
        hate the person you wrote this about. Some people
        don't mind being alone. It's not loneliness to me,
        it's called solitude. It is in this solitude that we
        come to truly know ourselves. If you love yourself,
        dying alone will not bother you. Besides, no one
        really dies alone. There must be some Goddess who
        lifts the veil and walks you through it. I would be
        very curious to know how old you are. This sounds
        like venting to me. I would rather be alone sometimes
        than be with people who always have to be the coolest
        of the cool. I find in some small subcultures that
        people always have to prove themselves in some way to
        fit in. If you say you are a poet, there's always
        gonna be some smart ass that wants you to prove you
        are a poet. It's always the ones that come from that
        stuck-up angle that make others the bourgeois of the
        lonely. If you are going to find the "elite" you will
        find them amongst society and not alone. The elite
        get special consideration always. The lonely fend for
        themselves.