Re: [PaganHeathenPreppers] Re: Are you ready?

  • Patrick Callahan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2012
      I'm a bit south of most of you (north end of the Salinas valley) so we don't expect to get nearly as much wind or rain as they're forecasting for you folks.  However we do live in an area along a river that collects all the run-off from the Santa Lucia's and we definitely get flooded from time to time...or at least the roads around us get closed.  We're high enough that the river hasn't ever reached us but we do get isolated.  Last year (also about this time in March) we spent almost a week waiting for the river to subside
      so we could get to town...we were cut-off on both ends by the same river.  We're ready...batteries, gas, "witchy" candles on stand-by as well as Yahtzee, Monopoly, Scrabble, checkers etc. ready to go.