WildFire

  • Kate
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2011
      The weather folks are predicting 'dry thunderstorms' for my area. That means lightning without rain. That MIGHT mean wild fire. Pretty distant possibility, but somehow inspiring. I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Lots and lots of very dry trees.

      So, I'm looking around my house and thinking about what to grab and stuff in the car if I have to evacuate.

      Kids and dog, of course. Food. Clothes. Jewelry box. I might tell the boys to pack up the Wii and their portable electronics.

      Dear ghu, my books! My art! Aaaaaaaargh! I have some antiques and out of print things I'd like to try to grab, and would have to kiss the rest goodbye.

      If YOU had two hours to prepare to evacuate, how ready are you?
    • maenad11969
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2011
        Hm, let's see -

        Kid, husband, cats, medications, photos, rare books, art, disc drives, important papers. (and my cowboy hat if I remember, LOL!)

        This is all assuming that I have my head together enough at the moment when I realize that I need to get out.

        Luckily, things are quite damp where I live today, something about fog and being on the north side of a hill.

        All the best,
        Maenad :D