Veterans struggle with benefit claims thanks to missing war records

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2012
      Veterans struggle with benefit claims thanks to missing war records

      By Pro Publica
      Monday, November 12, 2012 8:42 EST

      by Peter Sleeth, Special to ProPublica, and Hal Bernton, The Seattle Times

      A strange thing happened when Christopher DeLara filed for disability
      benefits after his tour in Iraq: The U.S. Army said it had no records showing
      he had ever been overseas.

      DeLara had searing memories of his combat experiences. A friend bled to
      death before his eyes. He saw an insurgent shoot his commander in the head.
      And, most hauntingly, he recalled firing at an Iraqi boy who had attacked his
      convoy.

      The Army said it could find no field records documenting any of these incidents.

      http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/12/veterans-struggle-with-benefit-claims-thanks-to-missing-war-records/
    • De
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2012
        this doesn't shock me... it's a shame that our fighting men and women have to fight again when they get home for things they should be getting.  We should be ashamed of ourselves.
        Blessed Be...De

        A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE...IT ONLY WORKS WHEN IT'S OPEN.
        Enter the text to appear at the bottom of each email you send