Pagan Veterans USA member marches in Memorial Day parade

  • charlesparnold
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 6:03 AM
      You might want to pass this on. I, as a member of Pagan Veterans USA, arched in the Memorial Day Parade in Morrisville, PA. I was accepted without question and was given a space specifically for PVUSA. Unfortunately, I was the only member present. After the parade I had lunch with the local Baptist minister, a member of the Reserve. We did idsagree on a few points of theology but we agreed in many areas regarding the treatment of veterans and the how chaplains can be of assistance in many different ways.

      PVUSA has also been invited to participate next year so if anyone who is a Pagan and a veterans wished to take part in the Morrisville, PA, parade (which starts at 1000 hours), please let me know. I have PVUSA t-shirts for you.

      BTW, I'm glad that I participate casually - the temperature was reaching towards 90 and the PVUSA official honor/color guard uniform is jet black - it might have been a tad uncomfortable.