Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Digest Number 1513

  • De
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2012
      what makes it so bad is that a vet or his family let alone an active duty service members had to fight to have anything pout on the headstone.  What should it matter what they wanted on it?  If the vet or service member's family says they are this religion or that religion and they want this placed on the headstone the answer should be ok.  Who are they to judge...did it matter when the service member was fighting for this country?  Did it make them less American because they aren't one of the "accepted" or "allowed" religions?  I thought we had this thing called freedom of religion not freedom of your religion.  I know that many don't see things in this simple of a manner but it should be after all they fought for our freedoms so they should be allowed to enjoy the item they fought for no matter if the VA agrees with it or not nor should their families have to fight for it either.
        I'll get off the soap box now(steps off and puts the soap box under the bed so she'll have it when needed again)

        Blessed Be...De

      A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE...IT ONLY WORKS WHEN IT'S OPEN.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2012
        De,

        Unfortunately it is not over as we still have the battle for Thor's Hammer
        for the Heathens and the Awen for the Druids, and nothing can be done
        until we have a dead Heathen or a dead Druid. So once again a family will
        have to fight the VA as they are greiving over their loss of a loved one.