ACTION Samhain 2011 is ready

  • christopherblackwell_45
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2011
      ACTION Samhain 2011 is ready.

      Remember that ACTION, the official newsletter of Alternate
      Religious Educational Network, is free to everyone. You can
      read the Samhain issue here.
      http://aren.org/newsletter/2011-samhain/index.html
      With new improvements it should now work on all browsers

      Check out the rest of the issues, either before 2011,
      or 2011 on here: http://aren.org/newsletter/index.php
      and check the two buttons on the upper right corner.

      Here is what we have for you in this issue.
      Article 1, Page 2
      Mill Creek Tradition and Seminary
      Interview with Joseph Merlin Nichter
      I interview hereditary Pagan, Wiccan Priest and founder of
      the Mill Creek Tradition and Seminary.

      Article 2, Page 6
      Interview with Jane T. Sibley, Ph.D., a traditional Norse practitioner, author and teacher
      Jane quite literally grew up with her Norse beliefs and she
      explains not only some of it, but how it differs from the
      Germanic version.

      Article 3, Page 11
      Bringing it all together.
      Interview with Dr. Susan Kwilecki
      One thing that we Pagans and Heathens find important is
      educating the rest of our society as to what we are and what
      we are not. Dr. Susan Kwilecki is one of those professors
      who gives us a place to do it in her class on new religions.

      Article 4, Page 13
      Return Visit, Druid, Witch and Heathen
      interview with Morgan Daimler
      Last time, I interviewed Morgan was as an author. This time
      we cover her views on community and responsibility.

      Article 5, Page 17
      The Wiccan Church of Canada,
      the Odyssean Tradition
      Interview with Richard James
      I interview Richard James of the Wiccan Church of Canada,
      which goes back a ways in modern Canada Wiccan history.

      Article 6, Page 18
      Pagan Federation International, USA
      Interview with Link, National Coordinator
      I have interviewed several people in Pagan Federation
      International in Europe, but I had not yet talked with the
      National Coordinator of the United States part of PFI

      Article 7, Page 23
      Professor, magic worker & writer,
      Pagan
      Interview with Terri Burns, Ph.D.
      Terri Burns is an English professor specializing in American
      minority literature, gender studies, and professional writing
      at the University of Wisconsin at Platteville.
      She currently chairs the Department of Humanities (English,
      foreign languages, and philosophy) and is former director of
      the Women's and Gender Studies Program.  But she also
      writes articles on Enochian magic and is an active Pagan.

      Article 7, Page 34
      Editorial
      It is Samhain again
      By Christopher Blackwell