Re: Air Force Academy dedicates a circle for Earth based religions

    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2011

      > At 05:38 PM 5/5/2011, you wrote:
      > >May 03, 2011 8:14 PM

      > >dedicated on a hilltop above the campus
      > >Tuesday with earth-centered prayer and
      > >speeches about religious liberty at the
      > >academy, a school that has long faced
      > >criticism as a bastion for evangelical
      > >Christianity.
      > >
      > >Read more:
      > >http://www.gazette.com/articles/centered-117435-chapel-academy.html#ixzz1LUbwtJCP
      >
      > And then there's the less respectful version:
      >
      > >"The U.S. military's success in Pakistan this week proved the
      > >importance of maintaining a team focused on accomplishing dangerous
      > >missions. Others on the left prefer to look upon the armed forces as
      > >a playground to experiment with fringe ideas. Take the Air Force
      > >Academy which reportedly held a ceremony on Tuesday to dedicate a
      > >pile of rocks in the academy's "worship area for followers of
      > >Earth-centered religions."
      > >
      > >http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/5/air-force-witchcraft/
      >
      > "All of the actual Wiccans and Druids died out hundreds of years
      > ago." Really? Wiccans uner that name didn't even exist hundred of
      > years ago. Then again, this is the Washington Times, aka the Moony
      > Times due to it's close association with Sun Myung Moon and the
      > Unification Church, so what can we expect? :-(
      >
      > Bright Blessings, especially on our brethren of past and present
      > military service,
      > Morgan /|\
      > The three foundations of Spirituality: Hearth as
      > altar, work as worship, and service as sacrament.

    • Morgan
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2011
        And without any particular hoopla, treated as any other of the
        honored dead, as it should be IMO.

        http://www.washingtonpost.com/todays_paper?dt=2011-05-03&bk=A&pg=4

        The photo on page A4, over the headline "Still grieving for bin
        Laden's victims."

        Direct link to the photo:
        http://www.washingtonpost.com/todays_paper/A%20Section/2011-05-03/A/4/20.0.2839697649_epaper.jpg

        Thank you again to everyone who worked on this.

        Morgan /|\
        Three things from which never to be moved: one's Oaths, one's Gods,
        and the Truth.
        The three highest causes of the true human are: Truth, Honor, and Duty.
        Three candles that illuminate every darkness: Truth, Nature, and Knowledge.
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2011
          Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Pagan headstone in the news

          Hello Morgan,

          That's really touching. I love the Washington Post.

          --

          :-) Connie

          http://whaleears.blogspot.com/

          mailto:qitty@...