Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 12, 2011
      Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas

      Charles - I read one article where the citizens were planning to counter-protest against these idiots. They did not want to be noisy or get into altercations, out of respect for the folks at the funeral. One group is busy making large angel wings for the counter-protesters... sort of a mobile wall to block off view of the Westboro extremists. I thought that was awesome. Of course, if some citizens managed to block them from showing up at all, that would be even more awesome!

      c> So, this group of wackos is continuing to stage anti-gay protests

      c> at the funerals of men and women who died in Afghanistan and Iraq

      c> while wearing the uniform of the USA. Might I suggest that should

      c> such a demonstration take place at the funeral of a Pagan veteran,

      c> that it be met with organized resistance.

      c> ------------------------------------

      c> Yahoo! Groups Links

      c> <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

      c> <*> Your email settings:

      c>     Individual Email | Traditional

      c> <*> To change settings online go to:

      c>     (Yahoo! ID required)

      c> <*> To change settings via email:

      c>     Pagan-Headstone-Campaign-digest@yahoogroups.com

      c>     Pagan-Headstone-Campaign-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      c> <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

      c> <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

      c>     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --

      :-) Connie

      http://whaleears.blogspot.com/

      mailto:qitty@...

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 12, 2011
        Re[2]: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas

        Hello Eric,

        That is just sick. It would be good, if people could catch these guys when they come to town... counter-protest around their vehicles and not let them move or even get close to the funeral... I wouldn't want them (the good guys who are plannign to shelter the families) to get in trouble though. Thank goodness that the state pushed through that law.

        Their current target is the funeral of the 9 yo girl that was killed in Tuscon this weekend in the Giffords assassination attempt…

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 12, 2011
          Why wait for a Pagan vet? If anyone here lives in  AZ, I encourage you to join with the Patriot Riders and ANYONE else who's planning to countermarch these people (because I'm certain SOMEBODY is planning to already,) and do whatever is necessary to spare the family of that little girl any further grief.
          Meantime, if they do successfully march on this one, the family MIGHT be more successful suing them knowing that girl had NOTHING to do with "Gays in the military." This just may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for their cult.
          What they do goes beyond sick and reprehensible. Perhaps if they show at this one, the public outrage against them this time will be more than they can handle.
          Remember too,
          the judge that was shot had friends on the US Supreme Court.

          Good day to you all.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 12, 2011
            YES!
            Talk about "Instant Karma" (As good ol' Johnny would say,)
            It seems the Spirits are with us on this one, as WELL as the courts!
            Check THIS out:
            http://www.military.com/news/article/lawmakers-ban-protests-near-tucson-funerals.html?ESRC=eb.nl

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 12, 2011

              Flat tires in the middle of the desert would really suck *snicker*

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 12, 2011
                Heh,.. yeah. Especially since these ppl have to drive all the way, I don't think they dare fly commercial. ;)

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 15, 2011
                  They may be a bunch of nut bars but even they decided that a protest at this particular funeral might turn into the cause for several more. They bailed in return for a promise of a spot on a talk radio show and the chance to protest at another funeral.

                  But I am a patient critter when I have to be...

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 15, 2011
                    Then let's wait for them outside the radio station.

                    They may be a bunch of nut bars but even they decided that a protest at this particular funeral might turn into the cause for several more. They bailed in return for a promise of a spot on a talk radio show and the chance to protest at another funeral.

                    But I am a patient critter when I have to be...

                    --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Roberts" <woad@...> wrote:

                    > Their current target is the funeral of the 9 yo girl that was killed in
                    > Tuscon this weekend in the Giffords assassination attempt.

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 16, 2011
                      No, Pete, they have every right to speak. What I have to wonder is why a talk show host agreed to give them half an hour or an hour unless he plans to bust their chops on the air, which I find unlikely.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 16, 2011
                        Who the Hell knows.
                        Problem is, no mater how badly they get lambasted by whoever interviews them, the Westies still consider it a victory if they get ANY air time.

                        No, Pete, they have every right to speak. What I have to wonder is why a talk show host agreed to give them half an hour or an hour unless he plans to bust their chops on the air, which I find unlikely.

                        --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Pete Barrington <lordtracker@...> wrote:

                        > Then let's wait for them outside the radio station.

                        <*> Your email settings: