The OFFICIAL history for the Quest for the Pentacle

  • charlesparnold
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2010
      Well, it had to happen sometime I guess. It seems that, according to a member of the Pagan Clergy group on Yahoo, that we did just about nothing to aid or assist in the Quest for the Pentacle. It seems that what really happened is completely different from what I remember. Here is part of the message posted on that group.

      "The picture you paint about Selena and the Quest to approve the pentacles for headstones in veteran cemeteries is quite different than what's on Circle's web site. So either they are lying, or you are missing a big part of the picture, I suggest you go read it.
      http://www.circlesanctuary.org/liberty/veteranpentacle

      People, you deserve better than this. Too many of us worked too hard and too long, fought the BNPs to get them off their duffs, and pressured everyone in both our community and the VA to deserve this level of disrespect.

      Charles - who continues to support the Heathers and the Druids in their fight.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 22, 2010
        WTF!!!????!!?!?!?!?!?
        You're right, there's NO mention of us whatsoever!
        From that article, you would think the quest started in 1997, when I'm certain it started MUCH earlier. I believe the first efforts were as early as the 1980s, although not as widely known about and I guess thanks to CC they won't be.
        I'm sorry, I'mm too PO'd to say more. I'll come back to this when I've cooled off a bit and maaybe we can consider some action or response that won't be a completely angry knee-jerk...
        STS2/SS Pete " Cosmo" Barrington
        USN (ret)
        OIF/OEF Veteren and PAGAN

        "TAKE NO PRISONERS" -Col T. E. Lawrence
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Pagan-Headstone-Campaign-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Pagan-Headstone-Campaign-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Eric Roberts
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 22, 2010

          One of the many reasons I am done with the pagan community…