Four points to consider

  • charlesparnold
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2010
      A couple of things here that I wanted to pass on:

      It seems that Pagan Veterans of the United States of America is crumbling since I resigned as National Commander. To my mind this typifies one of the biggest flaws in the Pagan community; as long as someone wants to take over, do 99% of the work, pay out 99% of the money, things go smoothly. Smoothly except for the fact that the person doing all the work and putting out all of the money is them automatically attacked by other Pagans for what they are doing. Talk about self-defeating attributes. There again, most Pagans seem to take neither themselves, their community, their religions or their Gods very seriously.

      A senatorial candidate in Maryland is being crucified because, back about fifteen or so years ago, at the height of the Paganism Fad she read a few books on Paganism and, for a while, called herself a Witch. Now that she is running for the US Senate she is being pilloried for this AND I HAVEN'T HEARD A SINGLE PAGAN STICK UP FOR HER. What nonsense.

      Next, it seems that the Cambridge, MA, school board is going to join with the board from Burlington, VT and one or two others and create a religious holiday for students from the Muslim calendar. Are Pagans going to stand for this? If any school board creates such a Muslim religious holiday we ABSOLUTELY MUST then contact that school board and demand equal treatment; November 1 and May 1 must be declared Wiccan religious holidays and all schools within that board's discretion MUST be closed.

      And, finally, several religious experts have starting agreeing publicly with what I have been saying for about 30 years - all religions are not the same. Religions do not all lead to the same place. The various faiths around the world are often diametrically different in what they teach, what they are about, how they see humankind and in hundreds of other ways. Different religions are different paths that lead to the tops of different mountains, often on different continents if not different planets.