ACTION Samhain 2009 is ready

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2009
      ACTION Samhain 2009 is ready.

      It is free to everyone. Anyone
      can read it on line at:
      http://aren.org/newsletter/read.html

      Or get a PDF attachment for printing
      out at:
      http://aren.org/newsletter/send.html

      Here is what we have for you this issue.

      Article 1

      The Krigarenve, Northern European
      Martial Arts
      Interview with Vincent Enlund

      Heathen martial arts? vincent fills me
      in on a fighting system using old
      fighting methods from Northern Europe

      -----------------------------------
      Article 2

      The Temple of Cybele
      Interview with Temple founder,
      Priestess Jean

      If a goddess gets in touch with you in
      dreams and visions, what happens next?
      Priestess Jean fills me in on her story with
      Cybele and her worship of a of a single
      goddess.

      -----------------------------------
      Article 3

      Creating a Pagan community
      Interview with Tammy Bazzle

      You are Pagan a feel all alone and discover
      others that feel the same. How do you
      create a community out of isolated Pagans.
      Tammy tell us how she went about it.

      --------------------------------------
      Article 4

      Licensed Professional Counselor, Clinical
      Hypnotist, Shamanic Healer, Teacher, Author
      Interview with Colleen Deatsman

      You are a counselor helping others. But what
      happens when you get sick with long term illness
      that modern medicine can do little about. It
      becomes a case of counselor heal thyself and
      creating a whole different type of therapy.

      Article 5

      Witchcraft: superstition or religion?
      By Damon Leff

      Demon continues the difficult story of Paganism
      in South Africa where thousand of innocents are
      hurt and killed for allegedly being "Witches" and
      where others are trying to say Witches are not
      real. So where does that leave neo-Pagans in
      South Africa?

      Article 6

      Wiccan Author, Teacher, Speaker
      Interview with Mike Nichols
      By Rev. David Reffit

      Rev. David interviews one with 30 years experience
      in American Wicca, a long time teacher, a popular
      speaker, and now the author of "The Witches' Sabbats".

      Article 7

      Wiccan Warrior in a War Zone
      Interview with Shadow

      In Witches' Voice I found an essay by this Wiccan
      Warrior and decided to interview him. Here is his
      take on being both Wiccan and a Warrior on the
      front lines.

      Article 8
      Book Review

      The Return of the Dead
      Ghosts, Ancestors, and the Transparent Veil of
      the Pagan Mind
      By Claude Lecouteux

      Our Heathen ancestors had a very different view
      of the dead, who remained part of their family,
      living in their tombs and sometimes visiting, not
      as ghosts, but as full bodied powerful and magical
      creatures. They could be both powerful allies or
      dangerous enemies. This was a view the early
      Church had to change as it contradicted their
      teachings.