Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Digest Number 1327

  • ~Angie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
      Hi Christopher!

      I found it interesting that your interaction about *real* gods would be with a Baha'i! I have worked at their national headquarters for 15 years now as a Pagan who is about as OUT as one can get. I have found them to be incredibly accepting. The Baha'i's are the ones who introduced me to the Council for a Parlaiment of the World's Religions, and who nominated me for a place on its Board of Trustees. I have on numerous occasions read ancient Celtic prayers for peace from the Carmina Gadelica and other texts in their daily devotionals here at their House of Worship -- the only temple in North America. Bahai's also acknowledge Native American spiritualities and have Native Americans on their National and Local Spiritual Assemblies. Native American Spiritualities are not "religions of the book." Perhaps some of these points would go far to help educate your little friend...?

      As for the Druidic symbols and the VA -- My understanding is that they won't move on anything until they have a request from next of kin of a deceased vet. To my knowledge tat hasn't happened yet.

      Best of luck to you with your surgery. Here's a blessings for clear minds, steady hands, a well rested body and robust health to your surgeon and assisting medical people -- and swift painless healing to you. Where in the country are you?

      ~Angie

      Gaia's Womb Changes Lives
      www.GaiasWomb.com

      "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW---What A Ride!"
      ~Unknown
    • De
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009

        Christopher,
        I am glad you like the quote, I thought you would...you can never have too many of them when they are as to the point as that one is that's for sure!!!

          I don't know if they have something like this is your area or not but here the local VEW's have gotten together and bought a van and they take people to  their VA apt.s or surgeries.  Also check and see if they have a place that has rooms for service members and their familes to use when they are in the hospital, I can't remember the name of the group but if I do I'll drop you a note and let you know.

          Good luck with the surgery...I'll be sure and keep you in my thoughts and prayers...let us know how you are doing.

          Take care and I hope everyone here has a better 2009 than 2008...I wish you all the best.  Blessed Be...De

        From: De <desawitch@yahoo. com>
        Subject: Re: [Pagan-Headstone- Campaign] Digest Number 1325
        To: Pagan-Headstone- Campaign@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 10:34 PM

        Chris,
        I liked the motto that you sent out...here is a quote that my brother likes to use...tell me what you think of it...
        " When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible Gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Roberts

        Just a few words to make you think...hope all had a good Yule and and even better 2009.

          Love, light and hugs to all...Blessed Be...De

        1b.

        Re: Digest Number 1325

        Posted by: "Christopher Blackwell" myrddin@...   christopherblackwell_45

        Thu Jan 1, 2009 9:27 pm (PST)

        De,

        Makes perfect sense to me. In fact I deal with someone on
        another forum that keeps claiming that Pagan gods are not
        real because we don't have a Holy Book like the Bible. The Irony
        of it is he is Bahai.

        Yule was a work day, though I did a ceremony before.

        Mainly I have been rushing out my interview questions for the
        Imbolc issue of ACTION because next week I am going into the
        VA hospital in Tucson for an eye operation because of my
        macular degeneration.

        I pushed for an early eye exam last March because of having
        problems with my right eye and they put me through measuring
        he problem three times in over eight months before they finally
        told me what the problem was and before deciding that an eye
        operation is necessary.

        Ironically eye operations like this are considered out patient
        treatment so I have to rent a hotel room for four nights. If
        I am lucky they might pay for two of those nights. So with bus
        fare, at least two nights rent, maybe four, and my meals I figure
        my free medical care will set me back around $500 maybe more
        because then they want me to come back the next week to check
        on how it is healing. No travel p[ay and I will believe the hotel
        rental when I see it as they have not paid for hotel or motel rooms
        for me for years. Every trip to the hospital costs me between
        $200 and $300 a trip, depending on whether they give me an
        afternoon appointment or a morning appointment which requires
        an extra night in Tucson.

        On the brighter side I am having a small building put up so that
        I will finally have ceremonial space again where I can do a nine foot
        circle and a place where I can try out my drumming without bothering
        anyone with my lack of talent or beat for that matter. I haven't had
        room for even a three foot circle for years, in fact it has to be an oval
        as crowded as it is where I do ceremony now.

        So it is already going to be an interesting year from thelooks of it. [Grin]

        --- In Pagan-Headstone- Campaign@ yahoogroups. com, De <desawitch@. ..> wrote:

        > Chris,
        > I liked the motto that you sent out...here is a quote that my brother likes to use...tell
        me what you think of it...
        > " When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible Gods, you will
        understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Roberts

        > Just a few words to make you think...hope all had a good Yule and and even better
        2009.

        >   Love, light and hugs to all...Blessed Be...De

        1c.

        Re: Digest Number 1325

        Posted by: "antony joseph" antony_joseph21@...   antony_joseph21

        Thu Jan 1, 2009 11:27 pm (PST)

        happy new year pete blessed be hows things going ?

        Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs. yahoo.com/ mail/smarterinbo x
        2a.

        Re: A motto that I lived by since before I started this group/ Awen

        Posted by: "Christopher Blackwell" myrddin@...   christopherblackwell_45

        Thu Jan 1, 2009 9:05 pm (PST)

        Charles,

        What have you been up to. We haven't heard from you in awhile. This forum has been a
        bit dead since the Pentacle case. Still waiting on the Druids and I am hearing a bit of talk
        among the heathens, but have not tracked down who is active on getting the Thor's
        Hammer listed with the VA.

        Looks like the VA is still delaying things for them as they did for the Wiccans and some
        ofd the other Pagans. They still have not come up with their new rules yet and show no
        desire to ever get around to it.

        Have you heard anything on the Awen symbol for the Druids besides the VA excuse that
        they need a dead Druid before anything else can be decided.

        Has anyone else here been in touch with Druids or Heathens on this matter? We seem
        short of information here and it is going to be hard for us to help them if we don't know
        what is happening. I figure that as Druids and Heathens helped in getting the Pentacle so
        we do owe them back to help with the battle for the Awen and the Thor's Hammer.
        Anyone else agree with this?

        --- In Pagan-Headstone- Campaign@ yahoogroups. com, "Charles P. Arnold"
        <charlesparnold@ ...> wrote:

        > To desire the end is to desire the means necessary to bring it about.
        > If you are not prepared to do what is necessary to achieve your goal,
        > you never really wanted it at all. And to claim otherwise is to lie,
        > not only to others but to yourself.

        Recent Activity
          Visit Your Group
          Support Group

          Lose lbs together

          Share your weight-

          loss successes.

          Group Charity

          GiveWell.net

          Identifying the

          best non-profits

          Check out the

          Y! Groups blog

          Stay up to speed

          on all things Groups!

          Need to Reply?

          Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
            Angie,

            Well he is anything but excepting. We have battle royals
            over his claims that the Buddha bleieved in a God. Despite
            the fact that I pointed out that the Buddha says no such thing.
            He claims that as he does not saying anthing against a god
            that he must believe in the same ones as

            He makes claims about over eight hundred volumes in Bahai and
            claims the founder wrote them inlanguages that he never studied.

            But he is ne of themost vidious little guys I have come up against
            sort of a Fundi Bahai which seems hardly likely fromn the despcriptions
            I have heard of the Bahai.

            Same understanding i got from the Druids, awaiting a dead Druid.
            Maybe they should check on familiesof their dead Druids from
            past wars. We did that with one Korean War Wiccan Vet. His widow
            was one of the earliest fighters for the pentacle and her daughter
            continued the fight when she died.

            I live down near Deming, NM and will be having the operation on
            Thursday in Tucson AZ.

            --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, ~Angie <Ladyhawker@...> wrote:

            > Hi Christopher!
            >
            > I found it interesting that your interaction about *real* gods would be with a Baha'i! I
            have worked at their national headquarters for 15 years now as a Pagan who is about as
            OUT as one can get. I have found them to be incredibly accepting. not "religions of the