Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Digest Number 1325

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009
      I love that!
      I may just fwd it to my dad! (We have conversations these days about "a natural God vs a Supernatural God," and stuff like that.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009
        De,

        Makes perfect sense to me. In fact I deal with someone on
        another forum that keeps claiming that Pagan gods are not
        real because we don't have a Holy Book like the Bible. The Irony
        of it is he is Bahai.

        Yule was a work day, though I did a ceremony before.

        Mainly I have been rushing out my interview questions for the
        Imbolc issue of ACTION because next week I am going into the
        VA hospital in Tucson for an eye operation because of my
        macular degeneration.

        I pushed for an early eye exam last March because of having
        problems with my right eye and they put me through measuring
        he problem three times in over eight months before they finally
        told me what the problem was and before deciding that an eye
        operation is necessary.

        Ironically eye operations like this are considered out patient
        treatment so I have to rent a hotel room for four nights. If
        I am lucky they might pay for two of those nights. So with bus
        fare, at least two nights rent, maybe four, and my meals I figure
        my free medical care will set me back around $500 maybe more
        because then they want me to come back the next week to check
        on how it is healing. No travel p[ay and I will believe the hotel
        rental when I see it as they have not paid for hotel or motel rooms
        for me for years. Every trip to the hospital costs me between
        $200 and $300 a trip, depending on whether they give me an
        afternoon appointment or a morning appointment which requires
        an extra night in Tucson.

        On the brighter side I am having a small building put up so that
        I will finally have ceremonial space again where I can do a nine foot
        circle and a place where I can try out my drumming without bothering
        anyone with my lack of talent or beat for that matter. I haven't had
        room for even a three foot circle for years, in fact it has to be an oval
        as crowded as it is where I do ceremony now.

        So it is already going to be an interesting year from thelooks of it. [Grin]

        --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, De <desawitch@...> wrote:

        > Chris,
        > I liked the motto that you sent out...here is a quote that my brother likes to use...tell
        me what you think of it...
        > " When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible Gods, you will
        understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Roberts

        > Just a few words to make you think...hope all had a good Yule and and even better
        2009.

        >   Love, light and hugs to all...Blessed Be...De

      • antony joseph
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009

          happy new year pete blessed be hows things going ?
          I may just fwd it to my dad! (We have conversations these days about "a natural God vs a Supernatural God," and stuff like that.

          I liked the motto that you sent out...here is a quote that my brother likes to use...tell me what you think of it...
          " When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible Gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Roberts

          Just a few words to make you think...hope all had a good Yule and and even better 2009.

            Love, light and hugs to all...Blessed Be...De

          Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
            Hey Dude!
            Just increadable :D
            I'm spending 5 days (and four INCREADABLE nights) in the Bay Area of Cali.
            Happy New Year!

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
              cool i was in qld fishing for 8 days

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009