Re[4]: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Oberweis & Politics

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2008
      Re[4]: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Oberweis & Politics

      Friday, June 27, 2008, 3:18:58 AM, you wrote:

      Are you over there now?

      Connie <qitty@...> wrote:

      Dunkies? As in Dunkin Donuts? o man... we haven't had donuts in nearly a year.... sigh... no decent texmex food either. Come on R&R!!

      I felt the same way about BESS EATON and there "Have some GOSPEL with your AM coffee" deal.

      Luckilly for me, there are 3 DUNKIES just around the corner form what USED to be BESS EATON, before it became TIM HORTON'S!

      We live in Cairo right now. Been here since '04. We can get nearly anything we want here, and probably free delivery ;-) . Cairo is a huge city and pretty cosmopolitan. We like it here. but there are a few things we miss. Beyond the obvious - like green gardens for the kids to play in and clean air (ok, there are some things we don't like), there are things like sweet pastries... sigh... we don't even eat much of them, but every once in awhile, it would be very nice. They have donut shops... the donuts are expensive and awful. There is also a Cinnabons... which are good, but, they generally do not open until after 10am.. and by then, my god!, it's too hot for that stuff. Most restaurants here are pretty disappointing too - there are exceptions - but it seems they've all been set on 'extra bland'.

      R&R is a time for good food (with SPICE and FLAVOR), book shopping, clothes/school shopping, and spending time with family. When we go home in July, I have two new nephews to meet - well, hopefully two... my brother and sister-in-law are in the Ukraine right now working on adoption, so technically, he isn't my nephew yet - almost. Very exciting time for them. If anyone is interested in a warm-hearted, 'aw!'-story (very Christian), she's been running a great story with lots of pics of their time over there in her blog: http://theukrainetrain.blogspot.com/2008/06/meeting-dennis.html and while I blog about my family, for the sake of my family and friends back home, I also post a bunch of Cairo pics and comments about life in Egypt to in my blog. (link below)

      I spies with my little eye - donuts on the near horizon ;D

      :-) Connie