Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Re: This is Important!

  • Bob Allen
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 26, 2008
      I'm not sure how Costco treats its employees, but they treat customers like crap.  No way I'm paying $50 for the "privilege" of being treated like cattle.

      Nobody forces anyone to work at Wal-Mart.  I've known several Wal-Mart employees who enjoyed their jobs and were glad to have them.

      This whole discussion is has been a pile of the usual anti-business leftist excrement that is way off topic for this group.

      Blessings

      Bob

      Catch more of The World according to Bob at: http://bobstruth.blogspot.com/

      [Legal disclaimer: All posts of Bob are rhetorical in nature only. Bob does not advocate insurrection, sedition, murder, violence, assault, or any other criminal or illegal acts. ]

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 26, 2008

        Geez, all I was trying to do was make a point about not using plastic bags!

        As for Wal Mart. We shop local as much as possible, since we only live five miles from town. However, there are things you can not get in a town of 2500 that I CAN get in the next town over, about 25 miles away. That is where the Wal Mart is. I buy american as much as I can find, and I only get things at Wal Mart that I can not find anywhere else around here. The closest city is over fifty miles away. The gasoline cost alone makes that prohibitive, let alone the traffic and the dangers inherent in driving in a city.

        The Wal Mart I shop at is a new super Wal Mart. They have wonderful skylights, and I have been there already since they opened where they had no, read that NO, lights on, just the light from the skylights. To me, that is a huge step forward. Part of their bottom line in order to appear more green? Probably, but I don't care why, just the fact that they are doing it is wonderful. Also, I am wondering if treatment of employees is different from Wal Mart to Wal Mart, as the friends I have that work there are quite happy, and say that their bosses work with them as far as medical things, time off, ect.

        Mama Cat

[...]

      • Georgia Langley
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 26, 2008
          Thank you for posting about the plastic bags.  I found it informative and I appreciate it.

          Georgia

          On 6/26/08, Paula/MamaCat <mnshwct@...> wrote:

          .
          Geez, all I was trying to do was make a point about not using plastic bags!

        • Eric Roberts
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 26, 2008

            Any you keep living in your fantasy world Bob.  When walmart runs other businesses out of town and there is no where else to work.  People work where there are jobs.  Let me guess…you must be a republican.  The only excrement is people like you who support a party that is the antithesis of the constitution and the biggest group of traitors this country has ever seen.

            Eric

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 26, 2008
              Ok Eric, NOW I see Georgia's point!
              Eric,...remember: "A WASTE is a terrible  thing to MIND!

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 26, 2008
                At 03:26 PM 6/26/2008, you wrote:

                >A brand new super Menards opened next to the new super Wal Mart. I
                >was in heaven, a brand spanking new Menards to walk through. My
                >hubby threw up his hands and shook his head, lol.
                >
                >I like that this conversation turned this way. We are not the
                >fruity, nutty, strange pagan people who do weird things, we are
                >simple Americans who like to window shop at hardware stores, argue
                >about Wal Mart and other big corporations, and care about our
                >service personall as much as the next person. Yikes, we are human
                >too. What is the world coming tooo?
                >
                >mama cat, tongue rather firmly in cheek.....

                In light of that, I'll re-post something I posted a few days ago that
                may or may not have gotten lost in the chatter :-).

                At 01:24 PM 6/25/2008, Morgan wrote:
                >This comes from a liberal blog, but IMO supporting the "boots on the
                >ground" transcends partisan politics, so I wanted to share this. If
                >you don't want to look at DailyKos, there are other groups working to
                >send stuff where it's needed :-).
                >
                >NFTT: You Will Never Know How Much It Means...
                >
                >http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/6/23/113647/348/687/540375
                >
                >NFTT is Netroots For The Troops, and they're raising money to "put
                >together and ship 101 care packages to American soldiers currently
                >serving in Iraq and Afghanistan"
                >
                >I don't have a lot of cash to spare, but spreading the word is
                >another way of helping, so I'm spreading it :-). If you don't want to
                >link to the dKos page, you can send people to
                >http://www.chipin.com/contribute/id/54a6a476aba07a57 (their PayPal
                >donation page for donations@...).

                Morgan /|\
                who supports our troops even if she doesn't support the "commander"
                who sent them to the sandbox...
              • Eric Roberts
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 26, 2008

                  They had a story about a guy in the Chicago area that is putting together funds to send the troops pizza (real pizza from Chicago hehehe).  Lou Malnoti’s Pizza (one of Chicago ’s best) agreed to do it at discount and DHL international is shipping for free.They will be sending several thousand pizza’s over.  Gotta like that.  I doubt Iraqi’s know anything ab9out a real pizza ;-)

                  Eric

                  >A brand new super Menards opened next to the new super Wal Mart. I
                  >was in heaven, a brand spanking new Menards to walk through. My
                  >hubby threw up his hands and shook his head, lol.
                  >
                  >I like that this conversation turned this way. We are not the
                  >fruity, nutty, strange pagan people who do weird things, we are
                  >simple Americans who like to window shop at hardware stores, argue
                  >about Wal Mart and other big corporations, and care about our
                  >service personall as much as the next person. Yikes, we are human
                  >too. What is the world coming tooo?
                  >
                  >mama cat, tongue rather firmly in cheek.....

                  In light of that, I'll re-post something I posted a few days ago that
                  may or may not have gotten lost in the chatter :-).

                  At 01:24 PM 6/25/2008, Morgan wrote:
                  >This comes from a liberal blog, but IMO supporting the "boots on the
                  >ground" transcends partisan politics, so I wanted to share this. If
                  >you don't want to look at DailyKos, there are other groups working to
                  >send stuff where it's needed :-).
                  >
                  >NFTT: You Will Never Know How Much It Means...
                  >
                  >http://www.dailykos .com/storyonly/ 2008/6/23/ 113647/348/ 687/540375
                  >
                  >NFTT is Netroots For The Troops, and they're raising money to "put
                  >together and ship 101 care packages to American soldiers currently
                  >serving in Iraq and
                  w:st="on"> Afghanistan "

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 27, 2008
                    Re[2]: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Supporting troops (was Re: This is Important!)

                    Hello Eric,

                    Friday, June 27, 2008, 4:01:52 AM, you wrote:

                    They had a story about a guy in the Chicago area that is putting together funds to send the troops pizza (real pizza from Chicago hehehe).  Lou Malnoti’s Pizza (one of Chicago’s best) agreed to do it at discount and DHL international is shipping for free.They will be sending several thousand pizza’s over.  Gotta like that.  I doubt Iraqi’s know anything ab9out a real pizza ;-)

                    Eric,___

                    I love to hear of people who do things like this for our troops! I've friends over there now, and my cousin - who joined after the war started - is heading over soon. I like to hear about those who support them.

                    Iraqis may have good pizza, it's one of the few foods I really like Egypt-style. Bread, veggies and cheese - even spices, although cloves on a Hawaiian pizza takes getting used to. Good basics, and they do it well. While thin bread with tomato sauce, olive oil, and cheeses like goat cheese and blue cheese, make a really tasty meal, it's not the same, it's not US-style. I am sure the soldiers will really appreciate a taste of home.

                    I'm not working this year, so when the Embassy asks for families to invite the single Marines for dinner for the holidays, Thanksgiving and CHristmas, we might volunteer this year. I may actually be able to host something! Depends on if my husband has to be in the office or not!

                    --

                    :-) Connie

                    http://whaleears.blogspot.com/

                    mailto:qitty@...

                  • Eric Roberts
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 27, 2008

                      Yeah…I thought it was pretty cool.  The guy is a former Air Force Master Sergeant.  I doubt they have good pizza…the only good pizza comes from Chicago :-D

                      mailto:qitty@ earthlink. net