Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Any news on Heathen and Druid application for symbols?

  • Yrsa Seykolova
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2008
      No official news from the Heathen side - I did hear (through the grapevine) that we'd received the same treatment as the Druids (there has to be a dead Heathen before they'll consider it), but I can't confirm that.

      In frith,
      Yrsa

      On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Christopher Blackwell <myrddin@...> wrote:

      Any news from heathen and Druid on their Awen symbol
      application to the VA? Last I heard the Druids were told they
      had to wait till they had a dead Druid soldier. Looks like there
      might still be a hassle.

      I have not heard anything about any progress from the Heathens.
      Does anyone have any news on the Hammer of Thor application.

      Any news, good or bad, and I will use it to publish an article on
      it and get the news out. I could use contact information and I can
      do either a researched article or an interview.

      Same goes if any of our other Pagan groups have started the
      application. I will be happy to add AWEN's Newsletter to getting
      out information and alerting others. Copies go out to several
      other organization including the Pagan Federation International
      and World Congress of Ethnic Religions.

      No use having a Pagan media, it you never have stories to send
      out about your progress. My job is to make noise and get your
      stories out.

      We have a lot of Pagans doing stuff and not getting credit or people
      hearing about what is going on. Since I am always looking for more
      stories and I will work with you to get the story out your way.

      By the way that goes for active military and vets as well. Being a vet
      myself I want the community to know about our Pagan soldiers and vets.
      That includes articles written in the battle field or at home.

      It is hard to get enough news about what is happening in the Heathen,
      Druid, Pagan, and Pagan Re-constrctionist communities and I am open
      to more articles about those communities. This includes our conservative
      Pagans who tend to get under reported in the Pagan press.

      Insane editor who set up an eight time a year newsletter.

      I can live with losing the good fight. I can not live without fighting it.