HeadStone

  • Anne
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2008
      I wanted to comment on the head stone ordeal, I'm wiccan and have been
      since I was a young Child. I have followed my mothers foot steps, my
      grandmothers. even though my father demanded I be baptised Catholic.
      Catholic dosent change who I'am,It doesnt take away my gift. I do not
      follow the catholic ways. I beleive that we should have the right to
      our freedom of religion. Others choose not to beleive in the gift. we
      all have it. they chalk it up as to coinsidence. ignorance is blind. I
      think the headstone should be placed with this man's symbol. by not
      letting the widow fulfill her husbands request he will be earthbound
      until his requests are met. the government as corrupt as it is, is
      trying to take away our constitution rights we as Individuals must
      fight to preserve our rights. so with that said and I hope that an
      idiot from the goverment reads this. "witches are here to stay, there
      are more of us then you think".

      Blessed Be
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2008
        That's great Anne!
        Fortunately, THE LAW says that the headstone WILL be placed with the symbol of choice! And the VA has capitulated under threat from the ACLU. So, THIS battle was won, but "The War" goes on. I still hgear stories of descrimination and bigotry. As long as these things go on, we all will still have our work cut out for us.

        Anne <afish@...> wrote:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        mailto:Pagan-Headstone-Campaign-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:Pagan-Headstone-Campaign-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Lord Tracker "The Wise"

        "Let the person I serve express his thanks according to his own bringing up and his sense of humor."
        --Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa), SANTEE SIOUX
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 10, 2008
          Ann,

          Not too mention that the Druids and the Heathens are in
          their battle to get their symbols okayed. I know the Druids
          have been stalled by the VA saying nothing can be okayed
          until there is a dead Druid and a request from his or her
          family for the Awen. Certainly not a great time to be doing
          a battle with the VA over your religious symbol.

          I would imagine the Heathens are getting the same excuse
          on their requests for the Thor's hammer.

          It seems to me that anyone in active duty and any vet should
          be able to have a pre burial agreement about what symbol is
          on his/her headstone. It should be automatic and not something
          requiring a fight for each and every religion.

          Until that day we will have a battle to continue. Remember these
          other people took part in our fight for the pentacle so they
          deserve our support in their battle.

          I do hope the Heathens and the Druids will keep us advised on
          their fight.

          Then as Pete says there are the problems of discrimination still
          in the military, so that fight is not over either.

          Sorry that I am not around a lot, but inthe busy season at my
          business until about the Equinox.

          --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Pete Barrington
          <lordtracker@...> wrote:

          > That's great Anne!
          > Fortunately, THE LAW says that the headstone WILL be placed with the symbol of
          choice! And the VA has capitulated under threat from the ACLU. So, THIS battle was won,
          but "The War" goes on. I still hgear stories of descrimination and bigotry. As long as
          these things go on, we all will still have our work cut out for us.
        • Denise
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
              Ann,
            You are right it's a shame that we have had to fight for what should be our right just everyone else...but we witches aren't like everyone else...or at least that's what they think.
              We have had to fight ever since Christians came into the picture and we will have to fight as long as they keep thinking their way is the only way or the only correct way.

              As long  are are people out there who are willing to fight the good fight, as they say, then we will not go away.  As long as we have free speech me and my big mouth will fight, talk to who ever I have to talk to in order to ensure that we are not forgotten.

              It stinks that someone has to die before the VA will take their heads out of the sands.  They think we will forget about it and then when our loved ones do pass, they are betting on us being so upset that we just give in to what ever they want.  We witches don't work that way...neither do the Druids I know let alone any other tree hugging pagans I know.

              BB to you all...De

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
              --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher
              Blackwell" <myrddin@...> wrote:

              > Ann,
              >
              > Not too mention that the Druids and the Heathens are in
              > their battle to get their symbols okayed. I know the Druids
              > have been stalled by the VA saying nothing can be okayed
              > until there is a dead Druid and a request from his or her
              > family for the Awen. Certainly not a great time to be doing
              > a battle with the VA over your religious symbol.

              Unfortunately, that is exactly how the new regulation reads; one of
              the reasons I was so totally against it.

              > I would imagine the Heathens are getting the same excuse
              > on their requests for the Thor's hammer.

              I still haven't seen where it was agreed that this was the symbol they
              wanted. Whatever they want, this group will be here to support them.

              > It seems to me that anyone in active duty and any vet should
              > be able to have a pre burial agreement about what symbol is
              > on his/her headstone.

              It could be part of a living will or power of attorney statement but,
              so long as the present regulation stays in place, put there expressly
              to stop the Pentacle campaign (ir at least slow us down) there is
              little we can do other than try to pressure the VA to change the
              regulation.

              > It should be automatic and not something requiring a fight for each
              and every religion.

              > Until that day we will have a battle to continue. Remember these
              > other people took part in our fight for the pentacle so they
              > deserve our support in their battle.

              Absolutely!

              > I do hope the Heathens and the Druids will keep us advised on
              > their fight.

              Same here...

              > Then as Pete says there are the problems of discrimination still
              > in the military, so that fight is not over either.
              >
              > Sorry that I am not around a lot, but inthe busy season at my
              > business until about the Equinox.

              Charles
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
                --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Denise
                <desawitch@...> wrote:

                > Ann,
                > You are right it's a shame that we have had to fight for what
                should be our right just everyone else...but we witches aren't like
                everyone else...or at least that's what they think.

                Rights are privileges that people are willing to fight for and even
                die for. Without such a commitment rights are only words on paper or
                in the air.

                > We have had to fight ever since Christians came into the picture
                and we will have to fight as long as they keep thinking their way is
                the only way or the only correct way.

                Sorry but Pagans had o fight other Pagans, literally, for a few
                thousand years before the Christians came along. They are just one of
                the current opponents, along with Moslems.