Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Fwd: PRESIDENT BUSH Apologizes to Wiccan War Widow

Expand Messages
  • Heather
    Okay Charles ... glad to know I wasn t the only one confused!! No offense, Connie, but I thought Roberta had written that stuff too when I read your post. (I
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      Okay Charles ... glad to know I wasn't the only one confused!! No
      offense, Connie, but I thought Roberta had written that stuff too
      when I read your post. (I think because it starts out saying "Hey
      Roberta", then the next paragraph seems to quote something she said.)

      :)

      So I'm not crazy ... at least not about this.
      *grin*

      I regard to what you said about the possibility that President Bush
      would have been a "bland, regular/normal/average kind of figurehead"
      if times were different ... you may very well be correct in your
      observation. However, isn't it kind of a no-brainer that the person
      occupying the office of President SHOULD be an individual with
      exceptional leadership skills ... especially in times of crisis??
      I'm not sure if Bush is the "wrong president for these stressful
      times" as much as he just should never have been president.

      Also ... is um ... anyone aware that the main page of this group has
      the following blooper: "The Pagan Veterans Headstone Campaign will
      remain active until the VA approves an AMBLEM of spirit for Druids
      and one for Heathens"??

      Not trying to be the grammar Nazi ... just thought I'd mention it.
      :)

      Peace,
      Heather
    • Connie
      Hello Heather, Sunday, September 2, 2007, 5:02:09 AM, you wrote: H Okay Charles ... glad to know I wasn t the only one confused!! Chaos, Confusion and Mayhem
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        Hello Heather,

        Sunday, September 2, 2007, 5:02:09 AM, you wrote:

        H> Okay Charles ... glad to know I wasn't the only one confused!!

        Chaos, Confusion and Mayhem - my job here is done! ;-)
        (sorry!)

        H> I regard to what you said about the possibility that President Bush
        H> would have been a "bland, regular/normal/average kind of figurehead"
        H> if times were different ... you may very well be correct in your
        H> observation. However, isn't it kind of a no-brainer that the person
        H> occupying the office of President SHOULD be an individual with
        H> exceptional leadership skills ... especially in times of crisis??
        H> I'm not sure if Bush is the "wrong president for these stressful
        H> times" as much as he just should never have been president.

        No-brainer - well yea, but this is politics we are talking about. It
        isn't always the BEST person who wins a position. It is usually the
        best SOLD candidate, and that has a lot to do with who is behind him
        or her.

        Sure would be nice if we could insert a little MORE brains into our
        politics, in the form of logic and common sense! I am not holding
        my breathe at the momemt but I do tend to (try and) be optimistic, so
        I am not giving up hope.

        :-) Connie
      • Christopher Blackwell
        Connie I think what interests me about this last little deal with the president is that Pagans are learning to work the media and do a bit of hard politics.
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          Connie

          I think what interests me about this last little deal with the president
          is that Pagans are learning to work the media and do a bit of hard politics.
          This is a matter of survival training in this country.

          Like you I don't expect a lot of change but i can't see that giving up on
          politics is going to help us in the long run. Hope is often a good survival
          tactic in that it keeps us in the fight rather than giving in and giving up.

          Blessed Be,

          Christopher

          --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Connie <qitty@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hello Heather,
          > Sure would be nice if we could insert a little MORE brains into our
          > politics, in the form of logic and common sense! I am not holding
          > my breathe at the momemt but I do tend to (try and) be optimistic, so
          > I am not giving up hope.
          >
          > :-) Connie
          >
        • Connie
          Hello Christopher, Gotta keep the hope, gotta keep the faith, gotta stay in the thick of things and not turn your back and walk off (because that keeps you in
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            Hello Christopher,

            Gotta keep the hope, gotta keep the faith, gotta stay in the thick of
            things and not turn your back and walk off (because that keeps you in
            the middle of 'us' - walking away makes you an outsider..). Besides,
            it is easier to make change, if you are part of the organization or
            process that makes the change; it is easier to bring someone around to
            your point of view, if they know you, and better yet, LIKE you!

            To a certain extent, I believe that politics are naturally flawed. You
            have to have an organization and leader that conforms to as many of the
            beliefs and values of as many people as possible - which means it is a
            real hit AND miss process - in order to get to a lot of people. Start
            getting specific, ie. perfect (in certain peoples' points of view), and
            you start alienating those who have other points of view. As a
            politician, you are doomed to failure in any perfect popularity contest
            - you have to be, or you won't succeed! ;-) (Hope that makes sense?!)

            Anyway, this 'problem' is why we really need multiple, strong parties,
            and to have the balance of power spread out to the different branches
            of government. One will never be perfect, but each of a multitude will
            have strengths. Spread them out and make them work as a team, and
            things work well - get a prima-donna, power-monger, or some other kind
            of diva in charge, and you lose that good balance that makes things
            tick.

            Too much logic for politics? Sorry? I'll shut up and watch the tv like
            a good little lemming... (not!)

            ;-) Connie


            Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 8:36:59 PM, you wrote:

            CB> Connie

            CB> I think what interests me about this last little deal with the president
            CB> is that Pagans are learning to work the media and do a bit of hard politics.
            CB> This is a matter of survival training in this country.

            CB> Like you I don't expect a lot of change but i can't see that giving up on
            CB> politics is going to help us in the long run. Hope is often a good survival
            CB> tactic in that it keeps us in the fight rather than giving in and giving up.

            CB> Blessed Be,

            CB> Christopher

            CB> --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Connie <qitty@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Hello Heather,
            >> Sure would be nice if we could insert a little MORE brains into our
            >> politics, in the form of logic and common sense! I am not holding
            >> my breathe at the momemt but I do tend to (try and) be optimistic, so
            >> I am not giving up hope.
            >>
            >> Connie
            >>




            CB>
            CB> Yahoo! Groups Links






            --
            Best regards,
            Connie mailto:qitty@...
          • Christopher Blackwell
            Connie, Hope is always necessary, otherwise we might not even get out of bed in the morning. then we have to do things that keep hope alive, that includes not
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 6, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              Connie,

              Hope is always necessary, otherwise we might not even get out of bed in
              the morning. then we have to do things that keep hope alive, that includes
              not playing the victim game.

              It is nearly impossibe to change anything from the outside of a group.
              But you don't always have to stay in the same group. One can move from
              group to just as one may move from job to job for the best results as need be.

              The other thing is to spread the work around so as to not burn out. That includes
              stepping back from time to time to recharge so you survive for the long term.

              Blessed Be,

              Christopher

              --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Connie <qitty@...> wrote:
              >
              > Hello Christopher,
              >
              > Gotta keep the hope, gotta keep the faith, gotta stay in the thick of
              > things and not turn your back and walk off (because that keeps you in
              > the middle of 'us' - walking away makes you an outsider..). Besides,
              > it is easier to make change, if you are part of the organization or
              > process that makes the change; it is easier to bring someone around to
              > your point of view, if they know you, and better yet, LIKE you!

              > ;-) Connie
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.