Off topic/Web attack on Wiccan Demo County Committee Chair

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      Web Attack on Chair of the Kennebec County Democratic Committee,
      up in the State of Maine, who is a Wiccan.
      Note contact information and addresses.

      Web Attack on Chair of the Kennebec County Democratic Committee,
      up in the State of Maine, who is a Wiccan.
      Note contact information and addresses.

      http://www.cclmaine.org/artman/publish/Maine_3/ME_Dem_Moran_Pagan.shtml

      More informmation other side:

      http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/6/28/04716/3624%5b/url]
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2007
        --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher
        Blackwell" <myrddin@...> wrote:

        > Web Attack on Chair of the Kennebec County Democratic Committee,
        > up in the State of Maine, who is a Wiccan.
        > Note contact information and addresses.
        >
        > Web Attack on Chair of the Kennebec County Democratic Committee,
        > up in the State of Maine, who is a Wiccan.
        > Note contact information and addresses.
        >
        > Blessed Be,
        >
        > Christopher

        http://www.cclmaine.org/artman/publish/Maine_3/ME_Dem_Moran_Pagan.shtml

        You all just knew that I was going to take the bait and respond, didn't
        you? Well, here is the response:

        I noted your apparent criticism of Rita Moran, chariwoman of the
        Democratic Committee due to her religion. I find such criticism odd in
        the face of the fact that no one seems to mind the thousands of Pagans
        serving in the Armed Forces or the hundreds who are currently serving
        in Afghanistan and Iraq. In fact, I don't seem to recall any criticism
        of my time in the United States Army or while I served an extended tour
        of duty in Vietnam.

        In fact, no one at my Veterans of Foreign Wars post, where I am a life
        member, or my American legion post seem to have a problem either.

        Thus I am left with the feeling that you find it perfectly acceptable
        to let us Pagans wear the uniform, and fight and even die for you but
        you have a problem when we get involved in the electoral process. At
        least you folks in Maine have such that problem. Back a number of years
        ago when I ran for the Vermont House no one in my district had a
        problem either. Maybe it was because I came in third when only the two
        top vote getters went to Montpelier. But 11% of the voters of my
        district, after a huge campaign where I spent all of $8 (yes, eight
        dollars) and campaigned for 15 (fifteen) minutes, thought I was the
        best candidate event hough I was, and still am, one of the most famous
        witches in the world.

        Oh well, I guess what Vermonters said about Mainers was at least
        partially true.

        Charles Arnold
        National Coordinator
        Pagan Veterans Headstone Campaign