Re: Walter Reed Hospital Firing

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2007
      Eric,

      I don't understand why because it is a 220 mile trip each way. The excuse
      that i am getting makes no sense. I am told in Tucson it is because I am not
      going to the El Paso one, which I have never been assigned to because they
      don't have the services I must have. I have always been sent to the one in
      Albuquerque, which s 250 miles away and a three day round trip by bus.
      So the Tucson one is closer and a better hospital and a 24 round trip by bus.

      The trip to Albuquerque used to get me $46 travel pay and the bus fare is
      $125. But I used to get a room from the VA, I no longer am allowed that.
      Then being diabetic means no fast foods unless I can find a Subway. You
      know what eating out anywhere else is like.

      So by the time I figure in the room my meals and my bus fare, well it is a lot
      of money to come out of my monthly VA pension. So I have to keep my daily
      costs down to save up enough to my free treatment at the VA. Yes fortunately my
      medicines are covered.

      But it is a struggle to take care of the extras. Good thing I live out in the desert,
      for if I lived in the nearby small town,I could not afford to go to the hospital at
      all and would be having problems just covering basics.

      --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Rev. Eric Roberts" <woad@...>