RE: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Barak Obama contact information

  • Rev. Eric Roberts
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 31, 2007
      He has been informed of this...by several letters from me.  I also had the opportunity to chat with Senator Durbin(now the Democratic Majority Leader in the Senate...) about this during the 2007 election while he was campaigning for some local Dems...he was pretty shocked by it.

      Eric

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Rev. Eric Roberts"
        <woad@...> wrote:

        > He has been informed of this...by several letters from me. I also
        had the
        > opportunity to chat with Senator Durbin(now the Democratic Majority
        Leader
        > in the Senate...) about this during the 2007 election while he was
        > campaigning for some local Dems...he was pretty shocked by it.
        >
        > Eric

        Eric, can you try one more time and get a response on tape or in
        writing? Such would be helpful.

        And who here is in New York? There are several things people there
        can do such as try to pin down Hillary Clinton (like stapling jello
        to a wall) and getting a recorded or official response from her. And
        if you have any interactions with Phyllis Currott (she won't talk to
        me) ask her why she isn't involved in a lawsuit on our behelf? She
        is, after all, both a Pagan and a lawyer and she does, from time to
        time, refer to her father and to the flag. Tell her enough talk, time
        to act.
      • David
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
          Sen. Obama replied to a constinuent in Illinois last July discussing
          this very thing. A copy of his reply letter is on Circle's web site:

          http://www.circlesanctuary.org/liberty/veteranpentacle/ObamaLetter.ht

          David

          <woad@...> wrote:

          > He has been informed of this...by several letters from me. I also
          had the
          > opportunity to chat with Senator Durbin(now the Democratic
          Majority Leader
          > in the Senate...) about this during the 2007 election while he was
          > campaigning for some local Dems...he was pretty shocked by it.
          >
          > Eric
          >
          > _____
          >
          > From: Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com
          Charles P.

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
            --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "David" <celt3067@...>
            wrote:

            > Sen. Obama replied to a constinuent in Illinois last July discussing
            > this very thing. A copy of his reply letter is on Circle's web site:
            >
            > http://www.circlesanctuary.org/liberty/veteranpentacle/ObamaLetter.ht

            Link doesn't work for me
          • Georgia
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
              Charles,

              It didn't work because the m was cut off.

              Try this.

              Georgia
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
                Hello Charles,

                It wraps around - add the last 'm' and it should work. Very strange
                how some links work properly in email and some don't - even when wrapped
                around. I was just at the site - it was working a few minutes ago.

                Connie

                CPA> --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "David" <celt3067@...>
                CPA> wrote:
                >>

                >> Sen. Obama replied to a constinuent in Illinois last July discussing
                >> this very thing. A copy of his reply letter is on Circle's web site:
                >>
                >> http://www.circlesanctuary.org/liberty/veteranpentacle/ObamaLetter.ht
                >>
                CPA> Link doesn't work for me

                http://www.circlesanctuary.org/liberty/veteranpentacle/ObamaLetter.htm
              • Paula/MamaCat
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
                  That is word for word, except for the greeting, exactly what I got back from him.
                  Mama Cat

                  David <celt3067@...> wrote:

                  Sen. Obama replied to a constinuent in Illinois last July discussing
                  this very thing. A copy of his reply letter is on Circle's web site:

                  http://www.circlesanctuary.org/liberty/veteranpentacle/ObamaLetter.ht

                  David

                  "You laugh because I'm different.
                  I cry because you are all the same."

                  For northwest Illinois and southwest Wisconsin Pagans:

                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007

                    Hello MamaCat,

                    The reply is definitely formulaic and generic - no doubt written by a staffer and only signed by the representative...very typical and generic, but one way to look at it though is it IS an official letter with the facts of the situation SPELLED out... with the opinion "In my view, the VA needs to make a decision one way or another. Sgt. Stewart's family deserves an answer, and the excuses given thus far are unacceptable. Furthermore, the VA should take seriously its promise to develop uniform guidelines and get them done before more disputes arise. " of the Senator, STATED and SIGNED. That's not exactly 'nothing'.

                    Connie :-)

                    --

                    Best regards,

                     Connie                            mailto:qitty@...

                  • Paula/MamaCat

                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
                          David,

                          Nice as far as it goes but notice a number of things. One he did not say
                          he had done anything about it nor did he say that he was going to do
                          anything about it.

                          I can assure you while he thinks he has any chance of the Democratic
                          nomination as presidential candidate he will do exactly nothing, nothing
                          controversial in the eyes of most Americans. After all he could get attacked
                          for that .

                          By the way I rather like him, but one gets used to reading the real meaning
                          in any letter coming back from any politicians. He may have never even seen
                          the letter, it was probably handled by his staff. That too is normal.

                          Same goes for any of the other contenders and even future contenders
                          for later presidential races, which includes most any politicians in the country.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
                            Mamma Cat,

                            Not surprised considering how many letters I have gotten every year
                            from politicians and also e-mails. One learns to recognize letters that
                            use a lot of words but don't actually promise anything.

                            Nothing like staff created computer generated letters. Any odd question
                            and the staff sets up a computer generated letter to cover it and any other
                            such questions coming in.

                            Imagine the fun if we could get politicians to answer their own mail just
                            for one day and give fully truthful answers.

                            That letter might have come back like this.

                            Dear whoever,

                            I know this subject seems serious to you. But I have a Muslim sounding
                            name and a black face, so my chances of becoming president are bad
                            enough unless all the White candidates mess up royally. Do you really think
                            I am likely to take on something as controversial as this and destroy even
                            the chance of being a dark horse candidate?

                            --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Paula/MamaCat <mnshwct@...>
                            wrote:

                            > That is word for word, except for the greeting, exactly what I got back from him.
                            > Mama Cat
                          • Rev. Eric Roberts
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
                              the 'm' got clipped...try this...

                              replied to a constinuent in Illinois last July discussing
                              > this very
                              thing. A copy of his reply letter is on Circle's web site:

                              href="http://www.circlesanctuary.org/liberty/veteranpentacle/ObamaLetter.ht">http://www.circlesa nctuary.org/ liberty/veteranp entacle/ObamaLet ter.ht

                              Link doesn't work for me

                            • David
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 2, 2007
                                Granted it doesn't come right out and say that he would make it a
                                priority on his agenda and call hearings to place Nicholson in the
                                hot seat or anything.

                                I was posting the link in response to the request from Charles for a
                                written response.

                                I think that as far as a response to a letter goes, that's probably
                                the best anybody will ever get.

                                I also agree that polititions stay away from issues that may haunt
                                them in the near future unless the issue brings votes. I like him
                                as well but don't think we should expect him to spearhead any
                                movement in Congress on behalf of this particular issue. There are
                                others serving in Congress who might be in a better position to do
                                so. I believe Sen. Reid has been very supportive and has acted to
                                assist the cause to some degree and think the newest Senator from my
                                area, Sen Webb, may also be very helpful as a Veteran himself.

                                --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher

                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 2, 2007

                                  Hello David,

                                  D> Granted it doesn't come right out and say that he would make it a

                                  D> priority on his agenda and call hearings to place Nicholson in the

                                  D> hot seat or anything.

                                  D> I was posting the link in response to the request from Charles for a

                                  D> written response.

                                  D> I think that as far as a response to a letter goes, that's probably

                                  D> the best anybody will ever get.

                                  D> I also agree that polititions stay away from issues that may haunt

                                  D> them in the near future unless the issue brings votes.  I like him

                                  D> as well but don't think we should expect him to spearhead any

                                  D> movement in Congress on behalf of this particular issue.  There are

                                  D> others serving in Congress who might be in a better position to do

                                  D> so.  I believe Sen. Reid has been very supportive and has acted to

                                  D> assist the cause to some degree and think the newest Senator from my

                                  D> area, Sen Webb, may also be very helpful as a Veteran himself.

                                  PRECISELY! :-) Can't expect miracles from a response letter - it's only one little piece and it is only going to go so far - but every little positive bit adds up!