Re[2]: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] prayers please

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2007

      Hello MamaCat,

      Thank you so much! Little Honor is home for the New Year, and seems to be recovering nicely (and loudly, in typical 3yo fashion). I just hope we can now accomplish the 'find out why', and 'how to prevent it', parts of this problem now.

      Happy New Year to you and yours,

      Connie

      Sunday, December 31, 2006, 6:56:58 PM, you wrote:

      You got it Connie, candle is lit and the energy bubbles are on their way along with a prayer.

      Blessings,

      Mama Cat

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2007

        Hello Georgia,

        Honor is home with us and recovering well. It will take me and my husband a LOT longer to get over this (:-) Thank you for the kind thoughts, prayers and hugs. I only hope we get an answer as to why and how to prevent/control these seizures as SOON as possible. As I told another friend of mine, maybe this is just one of those trials that the universe put on us to make us into the people we are meant to be, but I sure hope that someone in the afterlife hands us an 'answer sheet' explaining WHY?!?!? sigh...!

        Anyway.. she's ok, and that's what's important! So, I hope that you and yours have a very Happy New Year - we plan on it :-) !

        Connie

        Sunday, December 31, 2006, 5:07:13 PM, you wrote:

        Oh Connie!  I can't even imagine how shaken you were and are.  Energy has been sent to Honor and to the rest of your family.   *huge hugs*  I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

        Georgia

      • Stormy
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2007
          Consider it done dear and healing sent as well to
          your young lady.

          Gryph

          --- Connie wrote:

          > So, here I am catching up my email trying to pretend I'm ok ... and
          I am, mostly...

          > My 3yo daughter, Honor, had an unexplained grand mal seizure at 3am
          Thursday night.
        • Rev. Eric Roberts
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
            Any word yet on what was wrong?  That's pretty scary when things like that happen to your kids.

            Eric

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2007

              Hello Eric,

              Any word yet on what was wrong?  That's pretty scary when things like that happen to your kids.

              Eric._,___

              sigh... no! She's fine! She did have signs of a possible viral infection - so it could actually have been a febrile seizure, an abnormal one, but that's what they'd decided the first one probably was. And given family history (of febrile seizures and never doing anything half-way when going to the extremes is much more exciting), etc. It really made sense. She's been a little ill the last couple of days - diarreah, ick - but is it from getting cooties from her brother who had a bad bout recently? Or effects of stress on the body (from the seizure) and the meds? Or the hospital environment or food!?!

              We will likely see the neurosurgeon on Saturday (yea, weird hours) and find out the results of the thyroid tests (apparently hypothyroidism in little ones can cause this kind of thing - who knew?!) and arrange for an EEG. We are likely looking at a medevac to Europe or back to the US for a thorough work-up. Hopefully we can get an answer - if it is the thyroid, or epilepsy, or just really mean febrile seizures(!)... we want to know, and want to make sure we are treating her right. Our local doctor says he is very much against 'shotgun' medicine - ie. throw a bunch of meds and hope one hits - and I am very grateful for that. We don't want her having these dangerous seizures, but we don't want to hurt her with drugs either - she's only 3!

              So, while I am very relieved that nothing is wrong - obviously something is! and that is tough. She's continuing the anti-seizure meds, and so I feel safe/comfortable enough to sleep at night (except for all the times I wake up and run down the hall to check on her - in between those time, I can sleep) but I will be anxious until we understand what's going on.

              I'll let you guys know when we know something (:-)

              Connie

            • Rev. Eric Roberts
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2007
                I used to have those when I was a kid...Hopefully she heals up quickly!

                Eric

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 3, 2007
                  Connie,
                  I will continue to keep the candle burning, and sending the energy bubbles. Use some when you need to, this can be an exhausting process!
                  You are in our thoughts and prayers.
                  Blessings,
                  Mama Cat

                  Connie <qitty@...> wrote:
                  Hello Eric,

[...]

                  "You laugh because I'm different.
                  I cry because you are all the same."

                  For northwest Illinois and southwest Wisconsin Pagans:

                  http://mail.yahoo.com