Worrisome/Veterans cemetery vandalized

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
      Veterans cemetery vandalized
      CHRISTY LATTIN,
      December 1, 2006

      FERNLEY - The Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery
      in Fernley was vandalized Monday night when someone riddled
      the columbarium wall with bullets from a high-powered rifle.

      http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/LF/20061201/News/112010033/-1/REGION
    • ROBERTA Stewart

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
          Roberta,

          I am sure it is. It was just the timing that was worrisome. Anyway it will
          not hurt if we all send protective enrgy and positive energy.

          Sounds like it is going to be quite a dedication. Best of luck.

          -
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
            --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, ROBERTA Stewart
            <broom_flyer@...> wrote:

            > I just wanted everyone to know that the vandalized wall in the
            Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial was not the wall where Patrick
            Stewart's plaque is. I spoke to the director of the cemetery and
            this was just a random act, Our little town has grown so much with
            alot of new residents from around the Country, The act was not to
            my knowledge directed at Patrick's plaque. We will be having the
            dedication as planned.

            > Many Blessings
            >
            > Roberta Stewart

            Roberta, I hate to disagree with you but I do think that you are
            wrong this time. I really think that someone, probably a veteran,
            had too much to drink, and was pissed off about the Pentacle and
            just went up there and shot at whatever he saw. So, my take is that
            it was caused by the Pentacle but that the attack itself was not
            planned or even well thought out. However, that does not mean that
            there won't be more well organized activities aimed at the cemetery,
            anything from protest marches to serious vandalism. My opinion is
            based on activities planned and conducted by various small
            fundamentalist Christian groups over the last twenty years.
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
              --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher
              Blackwell" <myrddin@...> wrote:

              > Roberta,
              >
              > I am sure it is. It was just the timing that was worrisome. Anyway
              it will
              > not hurt if we all send protective enrgy and positive energy.
              >
              > Sounds like it is going to be quite a dedication. Best of luck.
              >
              > Blessed Be,
              >
              > Christopher

              No, christopher, that definitely would not hurt. But if such
              activities continue to take place it might be considered reasonable
              for a small group of volunteers to maintain surveillance on the
              cemetery.
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 2, 2006
                I am seriously beginning to wonder if some serious negative energy was rteleased or directed/misdirected in the past 24-48 hrs. I definitely hhad a dose of "bad juju" last night, and I'm still reeling from it this am.
                I dunno, just wondering. Anyone else feel anything?
                Cosmo

                Christopher Blackwell <myrddin@...> wrote:
                Veterans cemetery vandalized
                CHRISTY LATTIN,
                December 1, 2006

                FERNLEY - The Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery
                in Fernley was vandalized Monday night when someone riddled
                the columbarium wall with bullets from a high-powered rifle.

                http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/LF/20061201/News/112010033/-1/REGION

                <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:Pagan-Headstone-Campaign-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:Pagan-Headstone-Campaign-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 3, 2006
                  Cosmo,

                  Not feeling anything, but that means little. I am not that sensitive to anything
                  less than a two by four hitting me.

                  You also have a little trip coming up that could be part of the feeling as well.

                  Anyway I hope you are wrong about it. If not then we will have to figure out a way
                  to deal with it.

                  One good thing about the incident is the fool left shell casings around. That
                  should provide some finger prints.

                  --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Pete Barrington <lordtracker@...>

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
                    Ok,...probably othing,..but there DOES seem to be a rash of misfortune or at least people having rough weekends...
                    maybe nothing, maybe something, but this past weekend was rough for more than a few.
                    Cosmo

                    wrote:

                    > I am seriously beginning to wonder if some serious negative energy was rteleased or
                    directed/misdirected in the past 24-48 hrs. I definitely hhad a dose of "bad juju" last
                    night, and I'm still reeling from it this am.
                    > I dunno, just wondering. Anyone else feel anything?
                    > Cosmo

                    <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:Pagan-Headstone-Campaign-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:Pagan-Headstone-Campaign-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Jill
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
                      I haven't been able to go thru all the messages regarding this.
                      However, this act of vandalism was done in another part of the
                      cemetary, not on the memorial wall where Patrick's plaque is and this
                      NOT related to the plaque dedication.

                      Jill MH

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                        Jill,

                        The article makes that much clear. It was the timing of the attack that was the worrisome
                        part but thank goodness it did not have any affect on the ceremony.

                        Blessed Be

                        Christopher

                        Speaking of the ceremony. I am trying to write an article on it and
                        so far all I have is the ABC report and a couple of newspaper articles
                        and they really give little information. I would really like to know how
                        the ceremony and planned speaker s may have different from original
                        plans and the first change afterward. If you could direct me to such
                        information I would appreciate it for I want to put in it the Yule addition
                        of ACTION. Yule is coming up very quickly
                      • ROBERTA Stewart

                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 8, 2006
                            Roberta,

                            I am in contact with Selena and she says she is going to get an outline for me.
                            Basically I am putting together what the media said and then taking reports
                            from some of the people that were there.

                            I would be happy to hear anything you have to offer.

                            Right now I have the article starting with the early meeting of people at the
                            resturaunt, the decision to do a cleansing blessing ceremony for the cemetery
                            and to meet early people and let them know about change in time of dedication
                            and starting to get into the ceremony at the 2PM and I will continue to the wrap
                            up at the reception.

                            I believe you have my E-mail addy to send whatever you can. I want to get
                            something more detailed out than the media was willing to and I have
                            pages I can fill in doing it.

                            Though the deadline for the issue is a bit before the Winter solstice. I would like
                            to wrap up the article by this weekend because I still have to write one more
                            article or a editorial. I want my copy editor not to be too rushed on corrections.

                            Meanwhile waiting for new episodes of our cartoon series from France.

                            Ah the fun of being the main writer, editor and layout artist on a 8 time a year
                            newsletter. And to think I did this to myself. [Grin]