Re: Finally, a response!

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2006
      --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Underwood-Fowler
      Cindy <CDUFOWLER@...> wrote:

      > What kind of answer is that? There's no procedure? Rubbish! Put
      > a procedure in place then!

      We were fighting these people under the previous two sets of rules,
      we will fight them under this set and we will keep fighting them
      until we win.

      > How did they add all the other emblems to the list then? Did they
      just find the list already made growing from a tree?

      Under a different set of rules, one we were about to challenge in
      the courts. Then they went and did this and the bottom fell out
      under those lawsuits.

      > Why can't they use the same procedure as they did before? What a
      complete
      and total, thinly veiled, disrespectful attempt at fobbing you off.
      > *rages*
      > Opalline
      > (who is actually in the UK and can't be a lot of use to the US
      campaign but
      > is taking notes because the situation is no better over here)
      >

      > The letter explains that there is currently no procedure in place
      to add
      > additional emblems of belief to be put on government furnished
      headstones
      > and markers.

    • Jim Poltrone
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2006
        (Charles P. Arnold)
        >Send him a second letter anyway and remind him that you will
        >remember his inaction when you go into the voting booth and vote for
        >anyone but him.

        If it were truly inaction on Turner's part, his office wouldn't have
        responded to me. Nevertheless, I plan to vote for the Democratic
        candidate, for what it's worth.

        (George Dunn)
        >I'm guessing your original letter explained the decade-long stall and that
        >this absence of regulations somehow didn't impede the insignia of the Sikhs,
        >the Muslims and all the others.

        I posted the original text of my letter as soon as I faxed it. It's here:

        -Jim