Memorial Day

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 10 , May 18 9:28 AM
      Good Morning Everyone,
       Yesterday Roberta Stewart let me know and asked if I could help in rallying support for the Memorial Day Observance for Sgt. Patrick Stewart and all the other Veterans/Soldiers for a " Sgt. Patrick Stewart Freedom For All Faiths" Memorial Day Service.
       This will be held on May 29th, 2006 at 10 am, Fernley, Nv., at the Out of Town Park.
      Please show your support in attending this special remembrance service. As many of you may know, Patrick was killed in Iraq last year in September, him and his wife Roberta are practicing Wiccans of the Buddhist/Native American/Celtic Faiths. The Veteran's Affairs have been a challenge to accept and recognize the Pentacle/Pentagram as a symbol.
      Roberta and Selena Fox ( of Circle Sanctuary ) have been going head strong to have the VA accept the application that has been submitted months ago. Since this time, several other symbols have been accepted promptly, however, the symbol that is now being asked to be accepted has seemed to have been nothing but an issue with the VA. With the support of Gov. Guinn, Sen. Reid and Ensign, there still seems to be nothing being done.
       Please, again, if you can attend, it would be greatly appreciated by the Stewart family and it will be another way for you to be involved in your faith, whatever path you follow.
       In Peace, Love and Light
      Summer Wolf
      Message 2 of 10 , May 20 7:05 PM
        Please allow me to make one or two corrections:

        --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Laura"
        <sumrwulf@...> wrote:

        > Good Morning Everyone,
        > Yesterday Roberta Stewart let me know and asked if I could help in
        rallying support for the Memorial Day Observance for Sgt. Patrick
        Stewart and all the other Veterans/Soldiers for a " Sgt. Patrick
        Stewart Freedom For All Faiths" Memorial Day Service.
        > This will be held on May 29th, 2006 at 10 am, Fernley, Nv., at the
        Out of Town Park.
        > Please show your support in attending this special remembrance
        service. As many of you may know, Patrick was killed in Iraq
        (AFGHANISTAN) last year in September, him and his wife Roberta are
        practicing Wiccans of the Buddhist/Native American/Celtic Faiths. The
        Veteran's Affairs have been a challenge to accept and recognize the
        Pentacle/Pentagram as a symbol.
        > Roberta and Selena Fox ( of Circle Sanctuary ) have been going head
        strong to have the VA accept the application that has been submitted
        months ago. Since this time, several other symbols have been accepted
        promptly, however, the symbol that is now being asked to be accepted
        has seemed to have been nothing but an issue with the VA. (THIS IS
        INCORRECT. NO NEW SYMBOLS HAVE BEEN APPROVED THAT I KNOW OF SINCE
        SELENA FOX SUBMITTED HER APPLICATION IN LATE DECEMBER) With the
        support of Gov. Guinn, Sen. Reid and Ensign, there still seems to be
        nothing being done.
        > Please, again, if you can attend, it would be greatly appreciated
        by the Stewart family and it will be another way for you to be
        involved in your faith, whatever path you follow.
        > In Peace, Love and Light
        > Summer Wolf

      • Laura
        Message 3 of 10 , May 22 7:14 AM
          Thank you Charles...

          Message 4 of 10 , May 24 5:56 AM
            I have been asked by my Legion Post Vice-Commander to march in our
            local Memorial Day Parade and I will, in an approp0riate uniform with
            one addition, a black, red, and gold Pentacle patch on my left shirt
            pocket. And, if asked about it, I will explain what it means in terms
            of our interaction with both the military and the Department of
            Veterans Affairs, and our ongoing fight for equality.

            I truly am sorry to see that we have lost over forty members since
            winning approval for the Pentacle but I expected it. And we will lose
            more unfortunately.

            I know that we have folks here who are involved with the Druid
            application and I really wish they would post some updated information
            as to what is happening with their application. As well, we need to
            know what is going on in the Heathen community if we are to be of help
            there.

            Charles
            Message 5 of 10 , May 24 6:57 PM
              Charles,

              I hope so too because I to have trouble getting information about Druids and
              Heathen folk and there is so much that i don't know and I would like to know
              how their battle is going and where they need the help. Some of them helped
              in the Pentacle fight so I would like to be able to help back a bit.

              I am working on a interview with Pete Davis over at the Aquarian Tabernacle
              Church. It covers a number of his ideas on things like forming legal
              organizations, giving responsibility to other people in a group and some of
              his thoughts on the recent fight and what might be done in the new fight. Once
              I get it published in the newsletter I will be happy to put a copy of the article
              in the files.

              --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Charles P. Arnold"
              <charlesparnold@...> wrote:

              > I know that we have folks here who are involved with the Druid
              > application and I really wish they would post some updated information
              > as to what is happening with their application. As well, we need to
              > know what is going on in the Heathen community if we are to be of help
              > there.
              >
              > Charles

            • Araidne Witch
              Message 6 of 10 , May 24 7:24 PM
                 Merry Meet,
                 I've been a member for this group for awhile and havn't really been able to write much. But yes i agree but i also know that alot of the druidic faith was kept secret .But much is still alive today . I am so happy though that we won the fight but you are right their is a new one and that i know with time an true desire an devotion we can overcome such obstacles. I hope you find info an i will look for you too.I only know a bit and have always been interested in this particular tradition. Keep me posted about all this an the fight..im with you all.
                Blessed Be,
                Araidnewitch~*

                <charlesparnold@ ...> wrote:

                > I know that we have folks here who are involved with the Druid
                > application and I really wish they would post some updated information
                > as to what is happening with their application. As well, we need to
                > know what is going on in the Heathen community if we are to be of help
                > there.
                >
                > Charles

                Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

                Message 7 of 10 , May 25 8:40 AM
                  Araidnewitch,

                  As this forum was set up for the broader battle I have no doubt
                  there will be more information coming.

                  --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Araidne Witch <wiccagurl03@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Merry Meet,
                  > I've been a member for this group for awhile and havn't really been able to write
                  much. But yes i agree but i also know that alot of the druidic faith was kept secret .But
                  much is still alive today . I am so happy though that we won the fight but you are right
                  their is a new one and that i know with time an true desire an devotion we can overcome
                  such obstacles. I hope you find info an i will look for you too.I only know a bit and have
                  always been interested in this particular tradition. Keep me posted about all this an the
                  fight..im with you all.
                  > Blessed Be,
                  > Araidnewitch~*
                • Eric Roberts
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 28 9:28 AM

                    While we give thanks to all of those who have died in service to our country, let us also give thanks to those who have fought to protect the rights of our fallen soldiers (to include sailors, marines and airmen) and veterans. Let us also give thanks to their families, for their great loss so that our world can march closer to freedom.  Our Fallen heroes no longer have a voice…and there are many people out there who have not forgotten their sacrifice so that freedom is still alive, not only in the US but is countries around the world.  On the Pagan front, we have won the right to have the Wiccan symbol, the pentagram, engraved on Pagan soldier’s headstones.  We still have many more symbols to go.

                    For those of us that served, let us not forget our friends and comrades that did not make it home.  Let us keep them alive in our memories.

                    Blessings to all!

                    Rev. Eric Roberts

                    Webmaster

                    Pagan Headstone Campaign

                    http://www.paganvets.org

                    Veteran, US Army

                    Medical Platoon

                    HHC 4 Battalion, 6th Infantry Regiment (Regulars by God!)

                    5th Infantry Division

                    Fort Polk, LA

                    1986-1989

                    Operation Nimrod Dancer/Just Cause

                    Panama Canal Zone, Panama

                    1989

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 17 5:41 AM

                        Memorial Day

                        MEMORIAL DAY.

                        Wizard's Emproium
                        Indywiz
                        "What you do speaks so loud, I can't hear what you are saying" Ralph W. Emerson