Copy of the email I received from the head of the Republican National Committee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006
      Here is the email I received. Go to their website and sign up to hold
      a party, invite lots of Republicans and, when they arrive, tell them
      about our issue.

      Dear Charles ,
      You have a powerful new tool to grow our Party from the bottom up.
      It's a website built around you - with your personal message, your
      photos, links to your friends online, and the ability to set your
      personalized grassroots goals. The new MyGOP activist network will
      revolutionize online politics - and we're launching it with a bang on
      May 22, with a National House Party Day.

      And when it's all over, the most successful house parties in America
      will receive a special thank you.

      Here's how you can be a part of this exciting launch. First - set up
      your May 22 house party today. When you create your party, you'll
      also be able to set up your MyGOP site with grassroots goals tied to
      the party - whether it's grassroots fundraising for a Republican
      victory in November, recruiting volunteers, or registering new voters.

      Get a head start on the competition by organizing your May 22 House
      Party now.

      Make your party a friend - raiser simply by bringing friends and
      neighbors together. If you recruit at least one new volunteer, voter,
      or donor through your MyGOP - powered house party, you and your
      guests will be eligible to participate in a special conference call
      with Republican leaders on the evening of May 22.

      As a special thank you, the hosts of the five MyGOP house parties
      that raise the most money for the Republican Party through MyGOP from
      10 or more friends will receive a special Republican edition iPod
      Video*. To see what it looks like, click here.

      The dollars you raise, the volunteers you recruit, and the voters you
      register will determine the outcome of this fall's elections - and
      the direction of our country for years to come. Your action on May 22
      will make the difference, because victory comes down to three R's:
      Raise. Recruit. Register. And through your personal MyGOP site, you
      have the power to do all three - for everyone in the GOP.com online
      community to see.

      May 22 is your chance to bring friends together, put us on the road
      to victory, and maybe even earn a very special thank you. Start your
      party now.

      Sincerely,
      Ken Mehlman
      Chairman, Republican National Committee

      * The Republican National Committee is not affiliated with Apple
      Computer, maker of the iPod Video.

      To Forward This Email To Your Friends And Family, Please Click Here

      Contributions or gifts to the Republican National Committee are not
      deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax
      purposes.

      GOP House Parties hosted at an individual's home must be paid by the
      person hosting the event; no such person may spend in excess of
      $2,000 for their GOP House Party.

      Individuals hosting a GOP House Party may not accept any
      contributions other than those made through their MyGOP internet site.

      Republican National Committee | 310 First Street, SE | Washington, DC
      20003
      p: 202.863.8500 | f: 202.863.8820 | e: info@...

      Paid for by the Republican National Committee Not Authorized By Any
      Candidate Or Candidate Committee - www.gop.com