Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] extreemly important

  • Rebecca Austin
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 31, 2006

      ----- Original Message -----
      There have been many instances of discrimination that made the news and many that didn't.  Crystal Siefferly was suspended from her Detroit area school for wearing her pentagram in the open.  The Crafty Crafter fair here in the Chicago area was discriminated against when the head of the park district where the event used to be held, tried to revoke the license they had to have the fair...until being inundated by emails and phone calls and probably being bitch slapped by his legal department.  Those are just a couple of examples.  Discrimination is alive and well...

      I understand and agree that there is still discrimination, but the discrimination, in every case that *I* know of was illegal.  Passing another law, or another resolution, will not change that some people are closeminded and obstinate.  More mainstream religions and other groups still get discriminated against as well.  This petition is implying that something needs to be done at a legal level " If there is no reaction by 2007, the creator of this petition will  file a Civil Rights suit on grounds of: Discrimination on account of religion"   "Now what is the Question? The Question is, should Wicca be recognise as a true and valid religion, defined not just by our National Laws, each States Laws, by our Bill of Rights and our Consitution?"  What would we be asking for in this petition?  Congress to pass a law saying "Wicca is a religion?" that would be a violation of the establishment clause referred to in the petition.  I'm simply confused at what this petition is asking for

      Rebecca
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 3 5:19 PM
        --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "firedancewicca"
        <firedancewicca@...> wrote:

        > I never knew you where Gardnerian ?

        There are lots of aspects of me that only a few people know about. And
        I make no claim to being Gardnerian, just that I hold degrees that use
        the words Old Order.