Re: Okay. Now I am thoroughly confused.

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2006
      --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Jim Poltrone
      <poltr1@...> wrote:

      > I'm encouraged by the news that Pete Pathfinder and Paula and
      Roberta
      > Stewart have posted here, that the ATC (Aquarian Tabernacle Church)
      and
      > Patrick's applications have advanced to the next step in the
      > process. Great news!
      >
      > However, Pete asked for "radio silence" regarding the ATC
      application, and
      > that we should not bug the VA about this lest they decide to reject
      the
      > application.

      Please allow me to interpret that for you. "Now alls you gots to do
      is jest stays out in dem fields and pick that cotton cause once of
      these days theys gonna let usuns be free."

      > Does this "don't bother the VA" request also extend to our
      > elected officials?

      Absolutely not. I'm certain that I posted here that we should keep up
      our current level of activity and wait four weeks before we take it
      up another notch.

      > Or should we continue to write to our senators and
      > congressmen about the larger issue at hand: the approval of new
      symbols for
      > engraving on veterans' headstones?
      >
      > Also, since Abe's tombstone is 4 years old, how will it be
      > [bureaucratically] possible for a pentacle to be inscribed on it
      once the
      > symbol has been approved? Can/will this be done retroactively? I
      thought
      > the VA wasn't handling old requests.

      They aren't though they seem to have done so for others. If this
      passes I will ask everyone for donations in order to buy a headstone
      with a Pentacle for Abe.