Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] Fwd: [Warrior_Circle] Pentacle as a recognized emblem of belief

  • George Dunn
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 5, 2006
      You mean they have a nominee?  Excellent.  Obviously, the visualization worked.  The Tewa priests were right.
      From: "windwalker_cs" <windwalker.cs@...>
      Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:12:28 -0000

      Selena asked me to forward this to you. I will keep this list posted
      about our progress.
      Windwalker

      Greetings,
      Please envision success for the Pentacle being accepted as a religious
      emblem on US government-issued headstones and markers for deceased
      veterans.

      This month, Circle Sanctuary is among the organizations that are in
      the process of applying under the new protocols of the Department of
      Veterans Affairs to make this happen. Lady Liberty League has been
      networking with Covenant of the Goddess, Sacred Well Congregation, and
      others as part of its approach to achieving this goal.

      Obtaining this symbol for our veterans has been a long and complicated
      procedure in which the Lady Liberty League has been involved for many
      years. We are confident as we near the end of the struggle, the
      result will be successful! Thanks to everyone who has contacted us
      thus far to give us and others support on this quest.

      Those interested in getting and/or giving support for this quest
      through Circle Sanctuary and the Lady Liberty League, please email
      Windwalker, facilitator of Warrior Circle: windwalker@...

      Feel free to pass this email on to lists and others concerned about
      this issue.

      In Liberty,
      Selena Fox
      Executive Director, Lady Liberty League

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/6cWolB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Yahoo! Photos

      "You laugh because I'm different.
      I cry because you are all the same."

      Yahoo! Photos

    • Walter Hardin,Jr
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 6, 2006
        Is this the light at the end of the tunnel that we are all loking for in htis issue?
         Blessings,
        Walt

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 6, 2006
          --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Pete Barrington
          <lordtracker@y...> wrote:

          > Anyone else seen this one yet?
          > Interesting.....it seems to be down to a race to see who can find
          a decedent to file on behalf of first-(no sarchasm intended).

          > windwalker_cs <windwalker.cs@g...> wrote:
          > To: Warrior_Circle@yahoogroups.com
          > From: "windwalker_cs" <windwalker.cs@g...>
          > Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:12:28 -0000
          > Subject: [Warrior_Circle] Pentacle as a recognized emblem of belief
          >
          > This month, Circle Sanctuary is among the organizations that are in
          the process of applying under the new protocols of the Department of
          Veterans Affairs to make this happen. Lady Liberty League has been
          networking with Covenant of the Goddess, Sacred Well Congregation, and
          others as part of its approach to achieving this goal. Obtaining this
          symbol for our veterans has been a long and complicated procedure in
          which the Lady Liberty League has been involved for many years.

          OK, not to be critical of LLL or Circle but when did they suddenly re-
          write history? As most of you know, we have copies of letters LLL
          sent out stating, as of last Spring, that they were unable or
          unwilling to become involved in this issue at that time because they
          had other, higher priorities. That being said, I am grateful that
          LLL/Circle and CoG have finally decided to become actively involved
          in this campaign and I honestly feel that the reason that this has
          happened is because of all of you and the pressure you have brought
          to bear on these group. Thank you.
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 6, 2006
            --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Paula <mnshwct@y...>
            wrote:

            > Would it ease your mind any to know that Selena posted this on the
            Circle Events list? Circle is applying this month.
            > Mama Cat

            It would have eased my mind a whole lot more if she had posted it about
            two years ago when I first approached Circle about this issue.
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 6, 2006
              --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Walter Hardin,Jr"
              <rarewolf01@y...> wrote:

              > Is this the light at the end of the tunnel that we are all loking for
              in htis issue?
              > Blessings,
              > Walt

              I hope that this is the case rather than it being someone at the VA
              with a flashlight and a big club.
            • Scott Stearns
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 6, 2006
                Your right Charles it is because of the pressure that
                we all have put on them

                Scott

                --- "Charles P. Arnold" <charlesparnold@...>

                Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                dsl.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 7, 2006
                  Or worse, the headlight of an oncomming express train! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 7, 2006
                    Hmmmmm..........could the "clicky Wiccans" be trying to beat us to the punch(bowl)?

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 7, 2006

                      Whatever works! :-)

                      wrote:

                      > Anyone else seen this one yet?

                      > Interesting.....it seems to be down to a race to see who can find

                      a decedent to file on behalf of first-(no sarchasm intended).

                      > <snip>

                      OK, not to be critical of LLL or Circle but when did they suddenly re-

                      write history? As most of you know, we have copies of letters LLL

                      sent out stating, as of last Spring, that they were unable or

                      unwilling to become involved in this issue at that time because they

                      had other, higher priorities. That being said, I am grateful that

                      LLL/Circle and CoG have finally decided to become actively involved

                      in this campaign and I honestly feel that the reason that this has

                      happened is because of all of you and the pressure you have brought

                      to bear on these group. Thank you.

                    • Rev. Eric Roberts
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 7, 2006
                        ya think...some groups in the community seem to be more interested in power and glory rather than helping people...but I won't name any names ;-)

                        Eric

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 7, 2006
                          One has to wonder how much faster this would have been done if we would have all worked together instead of insisting on taking separate paths?

                          Eric

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 7, 2006
                            I don't know how many are old eough to remember the "Freedom Marches" of the Civil Rights Movement in the 60's, but there were always a few "reverends" who jetted in and walked the final half-mile at the front of the group for the cameras.  I wouldn't have expected human nature to change much in four decades.

                            George

                            wrote:

                            > Anyone else seen this one yet?

                            > Interesting.....it seems to be down to a race to see who can find

                            a decedent to file on behalf of first-(no sarchasm intended).

                            > <snip>

                            OK, not to be critical of LLL or Circle but when did they suddenly re-

                            write history? As most of you know, we have copies of letters LLL

                            sent out stating, as of last Spring, that they were unable or

                            unwilling to become involved in this issue at that time because they

                            had other, higher priorities. That being said, I am grateful that

                            LLL/Circle and CoG have finally decided to become actively involved

                            in this campaign and I honestly feel that the reason that this has

                            happened is because of all of you and the pressure you have brought

                            to bear on these group. Thank you.

                          • voxwoman_nj
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 11, 2006
                              --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Charles P. Arnold"
                              <charlesparnold@y...> wrote:

                              > --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, Paula <mnshwct@y...>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Would it ease your mind any to know that Selena posted this on the
                              > Circle Events list? Circle is applying this month.
                              > > Mama Cat
                              > >
                              > It would have eased my mind a whole lot more if she had posted it about
                              > two years ago when I first approached Circle about this issue.

                              Well, now you have an idea of how long it takes for some things to
                              sink in. My guess (and this is COMPLETE conjecture on my part) is that
                              our message finally got to other people in these groups who have the
                              time and energy and desire to do something about it. You'll note it's
                              not Selena herself who is handling this, but the head of their
                              "Warrior" group (who would have a natural interest in this sort of thing).

                              Charles, you planted this idea into the Pagan "meme-verse" 2 or so
                              years ago in a very big way, and the idea has finally spread to enough
                              people across the country to reach critical mass.

                              Hopefully, there will be a satisfying resolution in the immanent future.

                              -Wendy

                              ---
                              support independent music!
                              http://www.musicforthegoddess.com
                            • George Dunn
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 11, 2006
                                So far, I've not put much stock in the Meme Hypothesis [for anybody who
                                wants a catch-me-up, a "meme" is the mental equivalent of a gene: a small
                                unit of concept that is subtly responsible for its own propagation] but this
                                sudden flowering of a hundred monkeys certainly raises an eyebrow on the
                                matter.

                                It's all reminiscent of that poem (by Lowell, I think) that declares, "Then
                                to side with truth is noble/ While we share her wretched crust/ Ere her
                                cause bring fame and profit/ And 'tis prosperous to be just."

                                George