Re: [Pagan-Headstone-Campaign] OK, can we try this one more time?

  • Paula
    Message 1 of 65 , Dec 4 11:43 AM
      Charles, I have to wonder if this is a good idea. If the VA has made it part of their policy to say, we won't permit symbols of groups who break the law, is it a good idea to do this? I realize you are thinking it seems to be the only way to get their attention anymore, but what will it help if members of this group get arrested? If the Pentacle is not allowed for any group, and their future explanation is, since one group that wanted it willingly and knowenly broke the law to put it on a headstone, is this not going against all we have been fighting for? I'm not trying to nitpik, but please explain this to me.
      Mama Cat

      "Charles P. Arnold" <RitBodyArt@...> wrote:
      Is there any interest on the part of anyone here in creating a public
      event this coming Memorial Day reflective of what Rosemary did on
      Memorial and Veterans Days? In other words, how many people are
      interested in being witnesses to Rosemary placing another Pentacle on
      Abe's headstone at Arlington Cemetery? I will not lie to you, there is
      a very slight possibility that the government may try to keep this from
      happening, up to and including arresting people.

      Please note, President George W. Bush will also be in Arlington on that
      smae day, at that same time, and his motorcade will travel in such a
      way that we may be seen by him.

      "You laugh because I'm different.
      I cry because you are all the same."

      Yahoo! Personals
      Message 65 of 65 , Dec 13 7:18 PM
        --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "George Dunn"
        <mindeditor@t...> wrote:

        > I think my time in service was a period when memorization and over-
        drilling were expected to produce a better soldier

        As long as a body could stand upright, hopefully be breathing, and
        catch a bullet, you were in the Army. The only way out, at least while
        I was at basic and AIT, was either going AWOL or getting a General
        Court Martial. And even AWOLs, when caught, were normally recycled
        through basic, at least the first time.

        As for General Orders, I have long forgotten them and they were rarely
        of use to me anyway. The ASA had more important stuff to do, according
        to them.