File - Congressional Form Letter #2

  • Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 9, 2005
      Dear Congresswoman/man _______________

      OR

      Dear Senator _______________

      My name is ______________ and I am a United States Veteran, a voter and very
      interested in religious equality issues. It has come to my attention that
      IRS tax-exempt church organizations have put in applications for the
      Pentagram, a very sacred symbol of the Wiccan faith, to be added to the list
      of approved symbols for Veterans headstones and that these applications are
      "pending".

      It has also come to my attention that some of these applications go back to
      1998. I feel that six years should have been reasonable time for these
      applications to have been approved. Can you please explain to me exactly
      why these applications are "pending" and on hold?

      Also, can you please tell me if any other organizations have been approved
      while these Pentagram applications sit "pending" and if so, why were they
      approved while these did not?

      Please, during your investigation of this issue, understand that the VA does
      not have the power to determine what is a religion and what is not. They
      also cannot judge if one symbol is more or less sacred than another and must
      therefore treat all equally under the First Amendment of the Constitution.

      Thank you,
    • Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com