File - Congressional Form Letter #1

  • Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 9, 2005
      Madam or Sir:

      It has come to my attention that, while there are thirty-two (32)
      different religious symbols allowed on veterans' headstones, my
      religion is completely unrepresented and its military members will be
      buried with a blank headstone unless this situation changes. If
      members of religious organizations with as few members in the US
      military as The Aaronic Order, The Native American Church, Baha'i,
      Konko-Kyo, Sufism, Tenrikyo, Seicho-no-ie, The Church of World
      Messianity, the Moravian Church and Enkankar are entitled to
      religious, why, may I ask, are not Wiccans entitled to our religious
      symbol, the Pentacle?

      I am writing you to protest this situation and to ask that you not
      only bring this situation to the attention of the Secretary of
      Veteran's Affairs but that you actively pursue this matter until this
      humiliating situation is remedied.

      Please respond to this message by informing me what actions you have
      taken in this matter.

      Signed
    • Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com