Re: So it's ok to offend some but not others?

  • Christopher
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 2, 2005
      --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Rev. Eric Roberts" <woad@w...>
      wrote:
      > David, you can't please everyone and you are going to be offending someone.
      > That is unavoidable. Some people in this community do really need to get
      > over it and get over themselves.
      >
      > Eric

      That is true enough in all groups, be they Pagans or Veterans.I happen to be both,
      Marine veteran of the Vietnam War.

      I dropped out of my local Vietnam Veterans of America post after if became evident
      they were more interested in their own positions than in doing much of anything. I
      got into some conflict by mentioning the simple fact that veterans, at least Vietnam
      ones, often end upon the extreme of issues like religion or the lack of it, patriotism to
      don't mention the government or flag. Needless to say my being a Wiccan didn't go over
      well. They spent their start up money on fancy marching uniforms and have had to beg
      space off the Disabled American Veterans every since in my town.

      Christopher
    • Rosemary Kooiman
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 4, 2005
        offend anyone you like david, they;ll (even me) get over it. rk