Re: Getting just a tad wound up now

  • Christopher
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 2, 2005
      --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Daibhaid" <daibhi@c...> wrote:
      > "An' it harm none"---it is time, I feel, for the self-appointed
      > village idiot to stop babbling on the stone wall and speak
      > philosophically. Ich habe meinen papieren to be so forward.
      >
      > ***
      > Du bist haben sien papieren? Zo...Papieren bitte! :^)
      >
      > I have seen and heard a great many people speak about the Rede over the
      > years, and I've had some "idiots" or "fluff bunnies" get in my face
      > about how I'm not living according to same. > Slan
      >
      > Daibhaid

      As a Wiccan I have no problem with the Rede, primarily because I know it is a guide
      and not an absolute law carved in stone. It doesn't stop me from protecting myself,
      my family, my friends or just anyone who looks like they need help. I do whatever
      seems right at the time and accept full responsibility for all my actionsd, should the
      results turn out somewhat differently than I expected. Now I would not give too much
      attention to anyone telling me that I am not living my life the right way,
      be they Christian, Muslim, Pagan or what have you.

      My question is why did you even listen to the fluff bunnies? I would only listen to
      someone who had something sensible to say. Fluff bunnies given time may become
      such persons but I can wait until they have experience and grown up a bit in craft.

      Christopher

      Geezer, spell crafter and occasional philosopher
      Twenty-one years experience but only a first level Alexandrian.
      Haven't found another teacher since I found my first high Priestess.
      I am told that I would have an easier time in Connecticut, but I live in
      New Mexico. [Sigh] [Grin]
    • Daibhaid
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 2, 2005
        My question is why did you even listen to the fluff bunnies? I would
        only listen to
        someone who had something sensible to say. Fluff bunnies given time may
        become
        such persons but I can wait until they have experience and grown up a
        bit in craft.

        Christopher

        Never said I listened, just because someone gets in my face don't mean
        that. In fact, when someone like a FFBP (Friggin Fluff Bunny Pagan) gets
        in my face these days I wait for them to take a breath and say politely,
        "Well glad you paused there because for a moment I was afraid you were
        going to break your tongue."

        Daibh