Re: Getting just a tad wound up now

  • Kevin Frindik
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 31, 2005
      --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Daibhaid"
      <daibhi@c...> wrote:

      > I have seen and heard a great many people speak about the Rede
      over the
      > years, and I've had some "idiots" or "fluff bunnies" get in my face
      > about how I'm not living according to same. Uh excuse me, I'm an
      Irish
      > Druid, the Rede to me is meaningless except as an axiom.

      Good, don't cr*p on my Golden Rule version and I won't cr*p on yours.
      You're a Druid. Why don't you just point that out to the so-
      called "fluff bunnies". Ya' see they're idiots for not knowing the
      difference, not because of their Golden Rule version per se, and if
      they are evangelizing you to follow their Rede, well, they're doubly
      stupid and also violating a generally accepted rule of Wicca set
      forth at some conference on Wicca back in the '70's, and therefore,
      quite possibly being something different than Wiccan, and possibly
      some cult akin to Wicca, like Mormons and Christians, seeing as how
      the Mormons baptize the poor defenseless dead into their faith.
      Please don't stereotype. I'm sure that compromises your particular
      laws of being nice, or are you allowed to "concentrate" groups.
      Bitte?
      Kevin Frindik/Crazy Diamond
    • Kevin Frindik
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
        --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Frindik"
        <revnum9@b...> wrote:
        "that compromises your particular
        > laws of being nice, or are you allowed to "concentrate" groups.
        > Bitte?
        > Kevin Frindik/Crazy Diamond"

        CORRECTION!!!:"I'm sure that 'doesn't compromise' your particular---"
        Please excuse my oversight in written expression. And the question
        following above was a continuance of the sub-theme about certain past
        nastinesses in 20th century history, and perhaps an asinine comment on
        my part.
        As above, and below(wink),
        Kevin Frindik/Oh,that "Diamond" guy, or whatever---
      • Kevin Frindik
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
          My correction was incorrect! But I still feel my question was asinine,
          as previously stated.
          I'm getting off the keyboard for awhile. I obviously need to be
          temporarily grounded.
          I have Charles' humility, but very few of his other great qualities.
          KF/CD
        • Daibhaid
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
            Danke. :^)

            Sláinte,

            Daibhaid

            "D'aithle na bhfileadh n-uasal, truaghsan timheal an tsaoghail."
            [Now with all the High Bards gone, sad is the waning of the world.]
            • http://www.ceardai.com -- our new home!
            • Yahoomessenger ID = daibhaid_obroder

            > I have seen and heard a great many people speak about the Rede
            over the
            > years, and I've had some "idiots" or "fluff bunnies" get in my face
            > about how I'm not living according to same. Uh excuse me, I'm an
            Irish
            > Druid, the Rede to me is meaningless except as an axiom.

            Good, don't cr*p on my Golden Rule version and I won't cr*p on yours.
            You're a Druid. Why don't you just point that out to the so- called
            "fluff bunnies". Ya' see they're idiots for not knowing the
            difference, not because of their Golden Rule version per se, and if
            they are evangelizing you to follow their Rede, well, they're doubly
            stupid and also violating a generally accepted rule of Wicca set
            forth at some conference on Wicca back in the '70's, and therefore,
            quite possibly being something different than Wiccan, and possibly
            some cult akin to Wicca, like Mormons and Christians, seeing as how
            the Mormons baptize the poor defenseless dead into their faith. Please
            don't stereotype. I'm sure that compromises your particular
            laws of being nice, or are you allowed to "concentrate" groups.
            Bitte?
            Kevin Frindik/Crazy Diamond

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Daibhaid

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 2, 2005
                  --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Daibhaid" <daibhi@c...> wrote:
                  > "An' it harm none"---it is time, I feel, for the self-appointed
                  > village idiot to stop babbling on the stone wall and speak
                  > philosophically. Ich habe meinen papieren to be so forward.
                  >
                  > ***
                  > Du bist haben sien papieren? Zo...Papieren bitte! :^)
                  >
                  > I have seen and heard a great many people speak about the Rede over the
                  > years, and I've had some "idiots" or "fluff bunnies" get in my face
                  > about how I'm not living according to same. > Slan
                  >
                  > Daibhaid

                  As a Wiccan I have no problem with the Rede, primarily because I know it is a guide
                  and not an absolute law carved in stone. It doesn't stop me from protecting myself,
                  my family, my friends or just anyone who looks like they need help. I do whatever
                  seems right at the time and accept full responsibility for all my actionsd, should the
                  results turn out somewhat differently than I expected. Now I would not give too much
                  attention to anyone telling me that I am not living my life the right way,
                  be they Christian, Muslim, Pagan or what have you.

                  My question is why did you even listen to the fluff bunnies? I would only listen to
                  someone who had something sensible to say. Fluff bunnies given time may become
                  such persons but I can wait until they have experience and grown up a bit in craft.

                  Christopher

                  Geezer, spell crafter and occasional philosopher
                  Twenty-one years experience but only a first level Alexandrian.
                  Haven't found another teacher since I found my first high Priestess.
                  I am told that I would have an easier time in Connecticut, but I live in
                  New Mexico. [Sigh] [Grin]
                • Daibhaid
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 2, 2005
                    My question is why did you even listen to the fluff bunnies? I would
                    only listen to
                    someone who had something sensible to say. Fluff bunnies given time may
                    become
                    such persons but I can wait until they have experience and grown up a
                    bit in craft.

                    Christopher

                    Never said I listened, just because someone gets in my face don't mean
                    that. In fact, when someone like a FFBP (Friggin Fluff Bunny Pagan) gets
                    in my face these days I wait for them to take a breath and say politely,
                    "Well glad you paused there because for a moment I was afraid you were
                    going to break your tongue."

                    Daibh